Re: What Happened To Making Customers Happy?
djkoz1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

So an update to my situation. If you read my rather lengthy original post you already know some of the B.S. that I've been dealing with. So I contacted everyone that I could think of explaining this situation from VZW to HTC to the managers and the supervisors of both. With HTC they seemed more understanding about the situation but they of course said there was nothing they could do. Because they only make the product they don't deal with the Verizon side of it. Verizon of course had the go suck it we have your money and now you're stuck with the Eris but if you like we can still send you a USED 100 point inspected refurbished phone blah blah same noise I've been hearing for the past 2 weeks.

Well after getting the same run around and me getting to the point I almost decided to cancel the account. I gave it one last try only this I called late at night around 2 a.m.  Of course VZW pretty much tech support and customer service was closed but somehow I managed to get to the warranty area on the phone. Let me say this first every person I talked to up until this point was a woman btw. Not that gender has anything to do with it other than every woman on the phone was less than friendly and seemed like they were only interested in getting you off the phone as quickly as possible. So when I finally got in touch with the warranty department a man answered the phone this time and was in now hurry took the time to listened to my complaints and situation and was immediately willing to do what he could to get me a new phone other than the Eris.

Well he opens a case and orders me a Moto Droid and got it to where it was gonna be 200.00 bucks to get it and of course I wasn't willing to pay that much. Not even close so he actually say that he will credit the account a 100.00 because of all the B.S. I've had to deal with. Especially with the rude VZW reps. Well unfortunately since it was so late he couldn't put the order through he had to wait until yesterday afternoon. He said as soon as he got to work the next day he would go ahead and place the order and the phone would be at my house by Friday. So I was a happy camper I was getting pretty much what I wanted just to be upgraded and I would pay the difference.So he tells me he would call me and let me know as soon as the order goes through that it should be done by 3:00 pm yesterday. So 3 comes and goes & I don't hear anything from him & I start getting a little nervous worried that he was just saying that to make me get off the phone.

So I call back to the warranty department and explain what was going on & of course there was no order nothing on my account about it other than notes saying that he was gonna try to do that. So now my blood is boiling. Well while I'm on the phone with the VZW rep talking to them about the situation. My call waiting comes in with another call but it's a unavailable call and I don't answer because I don't know who the heck it is so I let the voicemail get it. I get off the phone with VZW  TICKED OFF now. Because I just knew that was gonna happen. He screwed me over right? Wrong! While I was on the phone with them he called through to let me know that he did try to order the phone, but they were out of the MOTO Droid. He said that they had the Moto Devour if I wanted that but from what I read that phone is worse than the Eris it doesn't even have 2.1 OS.

So I get him back on the phone and I tell him that I don't want the Devour. Why would I? It's not better than the Eris and I can get that replaced for free under warranty. He agrees and say he is sorry but the only thing I can do is wait another 48 hours to see if they have any Moto Droids. Of course there is no guarantee. So I ask him if there is any thing else he is able to do. He puts me hold and comes back on the phone and asks me if I originally wanted the Incredible. I say yes that's the one I tried with the customer service reps to upgrade me too.

So he puts me hold again then he comes back and says he found a Droid Incredible BRAND NEW and he will give me the same deal as the Moto Droid a 100.00 bucks. And it will be at my house by Friday. I couldn't be more happy he didn't screw me over he called me back he got me exactly what I wanted. So I asked what do I do with the Eris he said I can keep it. So after a few minutes I ask him if he can still replace it under warranty. He says yes so now I'm getting a Semi-new Eris and a Brand New Incredible for a 100.00 bucks. SWEET!!

Sorry for the long story I was just letting everyone know how it went. Thanks for everyone's support.

0 Likes
eddiejt

Sounds like a long process only to get what you wanted in the first place. VZW, WAKE UP! without a customer base, you are not VZW. Yes we want good customer service as well as good phone service. That's what it's all about. I love my DROID and phone service, but you are not the only wireless carrier out there!

0 Likes
mdmatus
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ customer service sucks!

0 Likes
thomasso51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great conclusion, but the price you paid in effort made the deal far less sweet. So, the moral of the story??? When you're on solid ground ethically simply keep calling back until you find someone at VZW that cares?

0 Likes