What CDMA bands are required for network usage?
impinball
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking specifically for band numbers (0/1/etc.), not frequency units (850 MHz).

Labels (1)
Re: What CDMA bands are required for network usage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Impinball,

We can help locate bands! What device are you needing the band numbers for? Send details

Thanks,
PamelaF_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

I Would like to know also. The new HTC one A9 was supposedly coming out in November for Verizon . Now they are saying December . I can purchase a unlocked version now. A Verizon repr. Told me it would work on their network on the 2g,3G,4g but I know verizon uses coma for it 2g and 3g. I hate that Verizon is always the last for everything,updates services and devices. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years my company included . HTC says the phone will work but only on their LTE service which is great if you live in a city but where I live we do still need the 2g and 3 g to be able to use our phones in rural areas. So can you give me the bands for 2g and 3 g or at least tell me for sure it will work .

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can shed a little more light on this subject, Bigboss3rm!

Phones made independently that are not made for the Verizon network are not guaranteed to work on our network. Some features may be unavailable, even if you are able to activate the phone. For optimal performance and device support, we recommend purchasing a Verizon device for use on our network.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

I understand  What a carrier specific phone is but the market and majority are going to unlocked phones. that being said HTC has  a new phone that they say will work on verizons lte network. I just want to know what the cdma bands are and the lte bands are so I can make that assumption my self.

Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

or if you can tell me if the HTC one A9 will be release from verizon with cdma capabilities?  HTC says the compatible device will be  out in December for Verizon but trying to get any info from Verizon is useless. I would rather wait and or it from Verizon instead of a unlocked phone. But I don't want to wait 3 months before Verizon decides to release it. Or just to tell me that it will only be lte compatible and no cdma. Verizons service isn't good enough to just support lte with out cdma to fall back on.

Weth
Legend

Verizon band classes in use currently:

CDMA

Band class 0 - 850 MHz

Band class 1 - 1900 MHz

LTE

Band 13 - primary

Band 4

Band 2

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigboss3rm, HTC will be offering a Verizon variant of the HTC One A9 in December. For a full description, including tech specs please visit: http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-a9/buy-b/

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

Music to my ears that actually made my day. thank you

nano SIM

Multimedia

Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma, .flac, ac3, ec3, eac3
Recording: .aac
Video supported formats: Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mkv   Recording: .mp4

Memory

ROM : 32GB / RAM: 3GB; Extended memory: microSD up to 2TB    Extended memory limited to available microSD card size.

Network2

AT&T,TMUS,VzW: 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; 3G UMTS 850/AWS(1700)/1900/2100; 4G LTE Bands FDD 2,3,4,5,7,12,13,17,29
SPCS: 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; 3G UMTS 850/AWS(1700)/1900/2100; CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10 4G LTE Bands FDD 2,4,5,12,25,26 TDD: 41

I see the cdma bands  awesome

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That CDMA radios might be only in the model released in December not the one being sold now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes