Weather Question
tony0260

The weather info that shows on the home page that originally came with the phone is not always very accurate (said it was raining, when there wasn't a cloud in the sky), I downloaded the Weather Channel app, but how do I get that to show up on the home screen?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weather Question
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

The Weather Channel app come with widgets (large and small). Touch and hold a blank area of your home screen, touch Widgets then choose one of the Weather Channel widgets.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

For me the weather channel wasn't very accurate so I went with Weather bug from the market.  It is a little more accurate depending on which station it is getting reports from it may be a degree or two off in temperature but usually pretty good about what is going on. 

0 Likes
TheOnlyKash

The free WeatherBug application is much better then the weather channel. Try it.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

I've noticed that the "Accu-weather" info that's standard on the home screen on the Eris doesn't update itself very readily.  But if I tap on it, it opens up the bigger weather screen on which you can click to refresh in the bottom left corner.  Then if I go back to the home page, it will update the weather conditions after several seconds.  I like having that one on my main screen because of the way it superimposes itself over the bottom of the clock and doesn't eat up other widget space.  I have the weather channel widget on a different screen.  It does seem like it should update itself more readily on the main screen.  Just another quirk I guess.

D Dave

0 Likes