Warranty
yojakey

My phone's charger port doesn't work anymore. Since my phone is still under warranty would i have to pay to replace my phone? Or can I just replace it for free?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Warranty
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone model do you have? Have you checked to verify it doesn't appear to have any indications of moisture exposure?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
yojakey

Samsung Galaxy Stellar. Yeah i've checked. The charger port just came loose. The same thing is starting to happen to my mom's phone. She has the same model.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I got this off Verizion's FAQ page.  I would make sure of any costs up front, restocking fees, shipping charges and time involved without a phone if you are going through Verizion.   You can also get contact  Samsung support to see if can be  repaired through their facility.

You may call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 (*611 from your Verizon Wireless mobile phone) or visit a Verizon Wireless store.  A warranty claim will only be valid if your device has a mechanical or electrical defect and:

• The device is within one year of original purchase, OR

• You’re enrolled in Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Klue wrote:

I got this off Verizion's FAQ page.  I would make sure of any costs up front, restocking fees, shipping charges and time involved without a phone if you are going through Verizion.   You can also get contact  Samsung support to see if can be  repaired through their facility.

You may call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 (*611 from your Verizon Wireless mobile phone) or visit a Verizon Wireless store.  A warranty claim will only be valid if your device has a mechanical or electrical defect and:

• The device is within one year of original purchase, OR

• You’re enrolled in Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage.

And you are the original owner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to the community for your contributions.

That's a good question, yojakey. The warranty replaces a device when a malfunction has occurred that isn't caused by physical, water or moisture damage. Since the charging port became loose, I would recommend you take your device in to a corporate Verizon Wireless location for evaluation.

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes