Warning backup canceled
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep getting error message 'warning backup canceled. Make sure you have data connection and try again.' It pops up every 30 seconds no matter if all of the apps or closed or not. I haven't changed a single setting on my phone and just today startes receiving these incredibly annoying error messages. Also, my phone freezes all the time, and I have never damaged it or even dropped it. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Warning backup canceled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kbhmd We don't want your phone to annoy you. Is your device connected to wifi or the mobile data network?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's connected to the data network but not wifi.

0 Likes
Sidewimder918

Go to your app titled "cloud". Go to settings, click how to back up drop menu, change from WiFi only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification, Kbhmd. It's good to hear you have taken care of the phone. Many backup applications are made to work best with a WiFi connection since they tend to transfer more data than normal (and data overages are definitely something to avoid whenever possible). Make sure you are connected to a WiFi connection, retry the backup, and see if that error message shows up again.
RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clanmcmichael

I keep getting the annoying error message even when I'm connected to wifi.  I have it set to only backup over wifi, and only at might, yet multiple times a day it (s5) will repeatedly tell me it can't connect to the cloud service and to please check my data connection.

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call customer service and they will walk you through it. I also posted the steps of what I did with the customer service rep on a different discussion string. Just search 'warning backup canceled'...one of the strings has my answer on it. I'd direct you there if I knew how other than to just search it :). Good luck!

0 Likes
BarDown22

Why does verizon think that everybody has a Twitter account and why can't it just be answered on this thread rather than trying to get more followers

0 Likes