Re: Want to use verizon galaxy s6's LTE band 3/5/7 abroad US soil
seven31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry I didn't understand your question.

What is different from what?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I didn't ask one.  My only replies were related to the fact that you should buy a phone in France, for France.

seven31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why I Purchased a cell phone in US? Because I was on vacation and  I needed a phone with a prepaid plan. Seller from BestBuy told me Verizon has the best network and their phones come unlocked so I will be able to use my new phone back in France and I won't have any problem. She forget to mention that 3 frequencies were disabled by the carrier and I won't be able to use them in France.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Research before embarking would have netted you a free smartphone and one month of 10GB service for $20 at Sprint MVNOs.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'm not sure why this is still a discussion. In best buy and all major retailers they sell phones that are used on prepay. Proper research on other phones would show that this phone wouldn't work the way you want in france. It was kind of idiotic to purchase a high end phone and now complain that it doesn't work. Chalk it up as lesson learned. Post the phone on ebay and sell it. Quite simple.

seven31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't sell It by ebay because I haven't sold enough items with my account. I can't sell It with craiglist because I haven't a US numbers anymore. How can I do?

If Verizon technicians enable LTE band 3/5/7 It will be a lot easier for me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you might be out of luck then.

0 Likes
exreey

Can you still use your phone for everything except 4G data transfer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of knowing your options for phone use while out of the country exreey. Do you have a Verizon Wireless device that you are trying to use while out of the country? Are you a current customer with Verizon Wireless?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
exreey

I just bought a Verizon Note 5 in Best Buy (without a plan) for use in Europe (I live in Belgium), thinking it would work over there because the Verizon LTE phones are unlocked.

The original poster here can't get his Verizon S6 to work in France because Verizon seems to deactivate the necessary LTE band 3, which is frequently used in Europe but not in the US.

Now I'm wondering if the Verizon Note 5 would have the same problem in Europe; there is a difference in the way Samsung describes on their site the supported LTE bands for both phones:

Samsung Galaxy S6, 32GB†, (Verizon):

FREQUENCIES AND DATA TYPE

LTE Band 13/4/2 (700/1700/1900 MHz) out of box;

LTE Band 3/5/7 capable (1800/850/700 MHz);

Samsung Galaxy Note5, 32GB, (Verizon):

FREQUENCIES AND DATA TYPE

LTE: 13(700), 4(1700/2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 7(2600), LTE CA 13+4 (10+10)

And on Verizon's own site:

Samsung Galaxy S6, 32GB

LTE Band 13/4 (700/1700 MHz), CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)

Samsung Galaxy Note5, 32GB

CDMA Data – 1x and EVDO Rev0/Rev. A,

LTE: 13(700), 4(1700/2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 7(2600), LTE CA 13+4 (10+10)

According to both sites, the Verizon Note 5 DOES support LTE band 3 while the S6 does NOT?

Seems strange to me, so I would be very happy if someone from Verizon could confirm this!

0 Likes