Wallpaper changes on it's own, why?
eriksoln

I've had my Droid 3 for a few weeks now.  I love it so far.  I've only encountered one issue that I have not been able to solve so far. That issue being:  For no apparent reason, sometimes when I pick up my phone, the wallpaper has changed. 

It is not a huge problem, but can be annoying.  I spent a lot of time getting my phone aesthetically to the point I wanted.  I do notice if happens mostly when the phone has been charging, but it has occurred at times where it was not charging. 

The theme does not change completely, only the picture for the wallpaper.  It always selects a random wallpaper saved to my gallery to use. 

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wallpaper changes on it's own, why?
Tidbits
Legend

Zedge actually has an option to rotate wallpapers. You may have turned it on by accident.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Eriksoln, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your Droid 3! I can certainly assist with your wallpaper being reset. Are you using a picture saved to the phone as your wallpaper or an application? Is this a live wallpaper? Are you charging with a wall charger or USB cable connected to your computer?

If you have installed an antivirus or task killer to your phone, uninstall those. I have seen some antivirus applications cause this issue. If your wallpaper is a live wallpaper, then a task killer may also close the application.

Please let me know so that I can further assist.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eriksoln

Sorry it took me so long to respond. 

The issue has pretty much resolved, but I think that is because I cleared out my "gallery".  I'm also now using a picture saved in my gallery (from Zedge).

When the wallpaper/theme was changing on its own, I was using a live wallpaper (a "GO" wallpaper, Lord of the Rings themed and Blue Planet).  I'm not 100% certain, but I do believe it changed itself pretty often while I was charging.  I use both a wall charger and a car charger, never have used a USB cable with the computer.

I'm unaware of a "task killer" on my phone.  I do have a "task manager", but I believe that was on the phone when I got it. 

I might like to go back to the Blue Planet theme, or one of the LOTR themes if I am sure it will stay put lol. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Zedge actually has an option to rotate wallpapers. You may have turned it on by accident.

0 Likes
eriksoln

Really?  I can't find it.  How do you look to see if that is turned on?  I opened the application and could not find a setting like that.  That may be it, not sure.  Although, ever since I cleaned out my "gallery" so that only a couple wallpapers are in it and used that instead of a live wallpaper, it stopped.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Open Zedge app / Menu / Settings / Auto Update Wallpaper will get you this option...

0 Likes
eriksoln

I do find the option, and it was set to rotate.  Man, you'd think I'd have known that.  Oh well.  Thanks to everyone for helping.

0 Likes
rialcoleman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and Zedge is not installed on my device nor on my wife's which does the same thing.  We both use a picture stored on the phone, but it keeps resetting to the default wallpaper and icons with no rhyme or reason why.  This is VERY annoying and takes too much time to put it back the way we like it.  We charge using the AC adapter.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rialcoleman-

Good evening! I am here to help with your wallpaper! Which make/model Android device do you have? You mention the charger, does the wallpaper change when connected to the charger? Are you using any wallpaper apps from the Google Play store? Also, is it a specific picture that continues to disappear showing the default image? I look forward to your reply so I can better assist you.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes