Re: WIFI and Bluetooth will not turn on, DROID MAXX
B33
Legend

hmm.. We'll see if we can get both to work on my phone..

And it looks like after hooking up my Jam Box & connecting to Slacker it's all working well..  here's a snap shot and you might try clearing out the cache and Data in your Bluetooth Share App  it is your Settings under ALL try that & reconnect to your Bluetooth Device..

Droid Maxx S.S  of  Wi-Fi and B.T. with Slacker playing in the B.G..png

0 Likes
bigbyrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now i can use wifi and bluetooth, but sometime they didnt work randomly.

Just waiting for new software update

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There is a new Update that just came out that might help address your issue, check in settings about phone then tap on Soft Ware update..

Check this Link: here

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/17/ota-update-live-for-droid-maxx-ultra-and-mini-brings-preparatio...

0 Likes
bigbyrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using this phone in Thailand with local Sim card. Trying to get an update but there is no progress yet

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will likely need to be in the USA and connected to the Verizon Wireless network in order to download and install the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was unaware you was overseas if your coming back to the States soon I would do as pointed out)  when you return install a Verizon Sim Card then try the Update..

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You and Ann154 are both correct, you need to be in the VZW North American Network & with a VZW home SIM card for those updates to work.

bigbyrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for those reply. I bough this phone as unlock version because of I love my old Motorola XT910(which still function properly today).

The XT1080M was not sale in Thailand but I believed the quality of Motorola products especially when they were managed by Google and distributed by Verizon Wireless.... Sound good?

But after Software update to 21.11.21 I started to face problem that should not be happened to this phone. But i can still waiting for a solution. And again... The update was not for people who buy this phone to use with other operators sim card. I think it's unfair.

B33
Legend

Your Welcome..

0 Likes
bigbyrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a solution from Motorola Technical support's live chat

Michael: This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

My Wifi and Bluetooth is working now! But i dont know how long i can use it, Last time was 6 days

0 Likes