Re: WIFI and Bluetooth will not turn on, DROID MAXX
rigallow

I am having this same issue. The only way to recover the device that I have found is to cycle the power. The phone has also been restarting on its own for no apparent reason. Both issues have started since the kitkat update. No problems before that. Will a patch be sent?

0 Likes
Sandita48

I am also having the same issue.  I did a hard reset twice and Bluetooth still doesn't work.

0 Likes
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds to me like this Kit Kat update has made a bunch of "smart" phones pretty dumb. I have been debating on switching to a DROID MAXX, but I'll be ****** if I am going to pay $600.00 for a phone that isn't going to do what I want it to when I want it to. Also, isn't Google in charge of these DROID software updates, since they own they software?!!!

0 Likes
hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, two weeks and two replacement phones later, it looks like I am back in business.  Never did find a solution to the problem, but Verizon's Tamara was pleasant to work with and helpful. They now have the problem phone and may be able to tear it apart and give us an answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@hburgcook,

Thanks for keeping us posted! I'm glad Tamara was able to assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have to get the Kit Kat update or is it automatic? I'd rather just skip that update and wait for a more stable version of Android.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jejm1975, we want you to have the best wireless experience on your device. No need to worry. Software updates are sent over the air directly to your device from the manufacturer. Should you have any issues with your device within your one year warranty, we will cover that device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support I  am sorry to say, but that is not very reassuring, not to mention that is not an answer to my question. Are software updates automatic or can one opt out of them if they are buggy and people have issues with them? Besides, when/if I go to a smartphone, I will be getting the Motorola Droid MAXX Developers Edition. One reason is so I can have the 32GB vs 16GB storage and another reason, is so I will not be under contract with Verizon and lastly so I can have full control over my device. If I pay they $649.00 premium, then I expect my device to do what I want it to when I want it to do it.

0 Likes
KSlaubaugh

I am having same issue with my droid maxx.  Did we figure out a fix or is it a hardware phone issue?

0 Likes
hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never heard an official diagnosis, but Verizon was very good to work with, replaced the hardware and all is well.

0 Likes