WIFI and Bluetooth will not turn on, DROID MAXX
hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both WIFI and Bluetooth cannot now be activated on my DROID MAXX.  No problems at all until the recent update, so I can only assume that this issue results from the update.  At either the WIFI screen or at the Bluetooth screen, the window is empty except the slider, and when the slider is moved from OFF to ON, it hangs there about five seconds then slips back to OFF.  Rebooting does make one difference: the first time you open the WIFI screen several options in a menu do appear in the window below the slider as expected, but after the first attempt to slide it to ON and then it returns to OFF, the options disappear and the window is again empty (except for the impotent slider).  Is there a fix?

Labels (1)
Re: WIFI and Bluetooth will not turn on, DROID MAXX
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hburgcook We're sorry to hear of the issues with wifi and bluetooth. Updates are supposed to enhance your device and we want to find a fix. Does this happen when connecting to multiple wifi locations or a specific one such as home or work?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a problem with the phone, no matter where I am, WiFi and Bluetooth

will not activate on the phone

On May 23, 2014 11:13 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hburgcook We understand the importance of wifi and bluetooth. LEt's work together and get this resolved. First, try placing the device in Safe mode and retest wifi/bluetooth connection. http://vz.to/1gVM8x9

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you. I put the device in safe mode and the device behaved exactly the same. Both wifi and bluetooth will not turn on. I push the slider from OFF to ON and about five seconds later it slips back to OFF.

Aaron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that Aaron! I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done. Let's back up the device and try a hard reset. Here's how:http://bit.ly/Vo3Hi8

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

after a hard reset, wifi works and bluetooth works.  I’ll reply here if they stop working again.

thanks.

Aaron

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

hburgcook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, overnight the problem returned. WiFi and Bluetooth can no longer be

activated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hburgcook Awesome! We appreciate you for trying those steps and keeing us posted. LEt us know if you have any other concerns. Also find support here http://bit.ly/yN1P80

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, hburgcook. Thanks for doing all that we have requested so far. Since you have tried in safe mode and after a hard reset, we do want to notify the software team of your findings in order to get this fixed.
Power the device off/on and try again.
Please look out for the direct message from me so I can get more details from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport