WHY cant the new Droids transfer without disconnecting to my Apple desktop computer?
ChristinaINTP

I have the Sony Xperia Z3V and have like one day to decide to return it. Nobody has been helpful. I cannot sync or link my new phone to my Apple desktop. I used to have an HTC Thunderbolt which was flawless and I was able to mount as a drive, view items on the phone before transferring over to my desktop. For this Sony I have NO option but to use that Android File Transfer but it keeps disconnecting on me using the USB connection - VERY frustrating!! It was ok the very first day I had it, but realized it just doesn’t work with Mac. Each day something odd happens to it. I am not into apps so I don’t use a lot of stuff besides basics. So I find the Sony Bridge app for Mac users. But that wouldn’t load because I had Mac OS 10.5.8 and it required Snow Leopard 10.6. So I upgrade to 10.6, an upgrade I didn’t want to make but nothing works without it anymore, and then software updates took it up to the slow 10.6.8 (which significantly slowed and ruined my productivity). I tried the new app and it doesn’t link with my phone at all. So again I contact Sony support and they were NOT helpful, saying that app works with their own Xperia Z3, not with Verizon’s version of it.

I had contacted Verizon and they tell me all that is available for Droid is the Android File Transfer and to contact Sony since they are considered last tier. Sony tells me Verizon developed the phone, so contact Verizon. I am sick of “support” shifting responsibility. 3x I have contacted Sony and have gotten RIDICULOUS suggestions like opening the USB door and restarting the phone, and trying a different USB slot on my MAC and even to install JAVA, which was already on my computer and has nothing to do with anything. I literally stayed quiet on my end knowing full well that these suggestions were absurd by “tech support” who knew nothing at all.

I need a simple function like the HTC Thunderbolt that had the ability to mount as a drive and I was able to view (before transfer) what I am seeing before transferring to my Mac desktop. It was SIMPLE. I was able to see my SD card contents and the internal contents. My SMS-to-Text showed up and that was it. On the new Droid phones, the SD portion doesn’t show up at all!! I am wondering if this is standard behavior for Droids now. I refuse to go iPhone as I do not like the functionality of it and HTC wont come out with a better phone til next year and who knows if it will give me problems with this lack of connectivity.

On the Sony, the naming convention in photos is poorly managed. It is not a good tool to transfer photos over to the desktop, delete them off the cell phone, as they are no longer needed and then when you start to re-shoot photos on the cell phone, it starts over on the naming convention and hence when you transfer files over to the computer, that file already exists and the computer will ask if you want to replace them but you cant because the image is different! (i.e.) If I shoot a photo and they name it #IMAGE_3, I transfer it on my computer and delete #IMAGE_3 off the cell, when I shoot with my cell again, it replaces the old #IMAGE_3 with the new image and hence when I take to my desktop, an #IMAGE_3 already exists with a different image, thus having to rename one of them manually. This recycling of naming convention is NOT efficient.

Bugs so far (a LOT showed up after one day):

1. Duplicate repeat photos, especially after viewing them, some triplets.
  2. Duplicate text messages on receiver end on a HTC.
  3. Random restart once.
  4. Hit messages – get the settings button or something else. Had to get messages through notifications.
  5. Sony Xperia Z3V does NOT work at night. During night mode and fireworks and any low light, it would focus, be clear and then when you click, it re-focuses and shoots the blurred image, over and over again – clear to shoot, re-thinks at the press of a button and shoots the blur.
  6. Speakers are WEAK! Nothing like the awesome HTC or even the new Motorola Turbo.
  7. The auto rotation was working great when it physically was turned over but not anymore. Does the Incipio Sony Xperia Z3V case have something to do with the triggering system on back?

What is the difference between viewing in “Photos” versus “Album” – “always” or “just once.” Which is best to use so I can stop this dialog box?

My Apple used to run Leopard 10.5.8 and I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6 (which automatically self updated to 10.6.8) and now my computer runs sloooooow. I did all the “cleanup” necessary and its still slow. Trash takes forever to delete and even if I have 3 items in there, it claims I have over 1000. The only reason I upgraded to 10.6 was because nothing online was functioning for my “outdated” OS any longer. I cannot afford to keep up with technology.

Labels (1)
0 Likes