Voicemail
Joyfulnoisemaker

My Moto Turbo insists on my accepting Visual Voicemail, which I don't want. I don't receive notifications of voicemail (I have checked the app and SHOULD be notified). In desperation, I clicked to sign up for VVM but received a message that there was a "problem" setting it up!  Is this familiar to anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail
Snn5
Legend

I disabled VVM in My Verizon and you can also call *611 to have customer service remove the feature.  Then you can use *86 basic voicemail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I disabled VVM in My Verizon and you can also call *611 to have customer service remove the feature.  Then you can use *86 basic voicemail.

0 Likes
Joyfulnoisemaker

Thanks! What about notifications? Before the last upgrade, I didn't have to dial *86 -- if I had a number showing on the Voicemail icon, I merely touched it and went straight into voicemail.  Now I dial *86 when I happen to think about it and may have 5 messages!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Turning off VVM should kick the basic VM back into gear.  You may want to make sure the mailbox is set up correctly, but you should get the usual notifications now and either tap the icon or the notification, or see the notification and longpress what is usually "1" on the dialer for VM.

0 Likes