Highlighted

Voicemail notifications not showing up on Motorola G6 Play

I've had this Moto G6 Play for two years without a problem.  Just recently (last two months), it takes upwards of a week to get voicemail notifications (ie: icon on top status bar).  Likewise, visual voicemail does not show new messages.  Actually dialing voicemail confirms that all of my test messages are present - I'm simply getting no notifications on my phone.  I've tried the following:

1. Verifying that voicemail notifications are enabled

2. Making sure apps are up to date

3. Making sure do-not-disturb is not on all the time 

4. Clearing dialer application cache / storage

5. Toggling visual voicemail (in android) off, then back on

6. Togging visual voicemail off all together.

7. Factory resetting.  Several times.

When I restart the phone, I *very* briefly see a voicemail on the status bar that immediately disappears.

Moto G6 Play

Android version 9

Build number PPPS29.118-68-9

The other, perhaps totally unrelated, item I see is that apps aren't updating over wifi.  They only update over LTE.  Very...odd.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Voicemail notifications not showing up on Motorola G6 Play

Customer Support

riot_starter-

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving Voicemail notifications. I trust we can find a solution. How is your data without Wi-Fi working? Does this issue happen in specific locations or everywhere you go? Are you in a good coverage area?

-Carment_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Data on Wifi seems to work ok.  The issue does not seem to be location related, and I have always had extremely good signal both at home and at work.

I tried disabling visual voicemail for a while, and that didn't seem to help.  Just had another voicemail appear two days after it was left.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We would be happy to troubleshoot this matter with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note, so we may look into this further. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes