Voicemail notifications not present on my Motorola g5s+
TJMAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not getting any notifications that I have received a voicemail. I went to check my voicemail and found it full. This is on my fully unlocked Motorola g5s+. How can I get this working, I have all of the notifications I can find on the phone enabled. I don't need the number of messages just that I have any at all.

If anyone has fixed this please share. Is it a Verizon, Android or Motorola problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail notifications not present on my Motorola g5s+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TJMAZ wrote:

My old phone was a Verizon branded SamSung Galexy SIII. Using a Verizon CDMA plan.

I do not have visual voicemail.

How are those questions going to help getting my new phone to indicate I have a new voicemail message on my phone?

My curent phone is a fully unlocked Motorola MOTO G5s Plus. It is on the same Verizon plan as my last phone.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

It is important information because when you activated your current phone the system might have changed your account to think you are eligible for the visual voicemail even though your phone model isn't compatible with the Verizon Visual Voicemail feature. With the newer phones, it seems like the system wants to push you into the visual voicemail feature. I myself have experienced this push towards visual voicemail and have taken measures to prevent it every time I activate a new phone. In researching your phone model I found out the visual voicemail option was embedded into the phone dialer application like the Google Pixel models. This means your Verizon Wireless account needs to have the visual voicemail feature removed and for you to toggle on the visual voicemail option in the phone dialer application in order for the phone to recognize a new voicemail using the visual voicemail option. If you want to use the basic non-visual voicemail system, you also need to remove the visual voicemail feature from your line in order to get the notification symbol of a new voicemail in the notification bar at the top of the phone screen. See the link below for how to activate the visual voicemail option in the phone dialer application. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Verizon-Visual-Voice-Mail-App-not-supported-Moto-G...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was the phone model you had prior to this model? Did you have visual voicemail or the basic non-visual voicemail activated on your account? If you sign into your MyVerizon account online via a computer, can you verify which voicemail option is associated with your phone number? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TJMAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

My old phone was a Verizon branded SamSung Galexy SIII. Using a Verizon CDMA plan.

How are those questions going to help getting my new phone to indicate I have a new voicemail message on my phone?

My curent phone is a fully unlocked Motorola MOTO G5s Plus. It is on the same Verizon plan as my last phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TJMAZ wrote:

It is important information because when you activated your current phone the system might have changed your account to think you are eligible for the visual voicemail even though your phone model isn't compatible with the Verizon Visual Voicemail feature. With the newer phones, it seems like the system wants to push you into the visual voicemail feature. I myself have experienced this push towards visual voicemail and have taken measures to prevent it every time I activate a new phone. In researching your phone model I found out the visual voicemail option was embedded into the phone dialer application like the Google Pixel models. This means your Verizon Wireless account needs to have the visual voicemail feature removed and for you to toggle on the visual voicemail option in the phone dialer application in order for the phone to recognize a new voicemail using the visual voicemail option. If you want to use the basic non-visual voicemail system, you also need to remove the visual voicemail feature from your line in order to get the notification symbol of a new voicemail in the notification bar at the top of the phone screen. See the link below for how to activate the visual voicemail option in the phone dialer application. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Verizon-Visual-Voice-Mail-App-not-supported-Moto-G...

0 Likes
TJMAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the explanation on how this works. Also I left myself a voicemail and a few minutes later I did now get the notification I had been expecting all along.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TJMAZ we are happy to learn Ann154 was able to provide you with the assistance you needed. Thank you for letting us know you are now receiving the notification. Thank you for choosing Verizon and we are here should you have any other questions. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes