Voicemail busy signal
lulie12

When I try to access my voicemail I get a busy signal.  When I call my number from another phone and it should go to voicemail, it just says I'm unavailable.  I have an HTC Incredible and my husband, who is having the same problem, has a Motorola.  I've tried dialing *73 and then *228 to reprogram the phone and it still doesn't work.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail busy signal
lalawson

I have same problem with Droid 3. Did u ever get a resoltion to this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lulie12, thanks for reaching out to us. Are you still having these issues with your voicemail? Can you try dialing *86? Are you able to get through? Can you try dialing your phone number from a landline and press the # symbol when your voicemail comes on? Does it let you access it? Please give more details so I can customize a solution for you.^SP

0 Likes
lulie12

I tried all of the suggestions given but nothing worked. I finally went to

a Verizon store & they took my voice mail off & put it back on. It works

fine now.

On Mar 1, 2013 5:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Lakey

I've been having the same problem with my Stratosphere. The voicemail can't be accessed. If I try to check my voicemai by dialing *86l, I get a busy signal.  If anyone calls and tries to leave a message, the phone just rings several times and a message says the caller is not available.  This happens whether the number is called from a cellphone or a landline. I tried hitting the # key when that unavailable" message came on, but that didn't work either.

This started when I accessed my voicemail to listen to a message and it switched to the busy signal in the middle of the process, and it has had this problem ever since then (2 weeks or so now).

I'll take it to the verizon store and have them do what worked for julie12. I just wanted to answer your questions.  

0 Likes
atxlumberjack

I am having this problem now on my Droid Motorola Razr. I tried dialing *86 but it did the same thing. Can you help me please?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the others have stated, the solution is to go to a Verizon store or call customer service (800) 922-0204 and have them reset your voicemail.

0 Likes
tc317

Well, Susie Q, I think your answer is a little snippy! I don't think I should have to trudge to the Verizon store through the snow....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tc317,

Our Community Forums is a great way for customers to assist each other with common questions or concerns. The thread you have replied to is from 01-25-2014 or just over 6 years ago. Do you have a particular question or concern you are experiencing today with your service? How can we help?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes