Voice mail notification has disappeared? FOREVER?
thehorv

A couple weeks ago I noticed my voicemail notification would not go away even after I listened to all my voicemails. I found an option to "Clear Voicemail Notification" under the "Call Settings" option in "Settings". This made the ghost vm notification disappear from my notifications bar.

---BUT---

Since doing this, I am no longer receiving ANY notifications of having a voicemail. I thought it was funny that I had missed some calls and not received any messages and upon checking my voicemails I had 5 messages. Verizon took me through all the normal stuff (take the battery out, do you really have a voicemail, *228, etc..) and even went so far as to unchoose and rechoose the option on their end to have this notification sent down to the phone. Nothing worked. They are at the point where they want me to do a complete reset which I am not jazzed about as I don't want to lose all my history, apps, non Gmail (which is the vast majority) Contacts, etc...

It cannot be possible that by clicking the "Clear Voicemail Notification" button in settings that I have completely disabled the device from accepting these notifications is it? I have gone through the Settings Menus a bunch and don't see anywhere where I can manually choose to receive a voicemail notification (as is the case with emails, texts, etc.).

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Please note, I do not and do not want to subscribe to Visual Voice Mail, this issue is unrelated to that service offered by Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice mail notification has disappeared? FOREVER?
thehorv

Oh, and there is a person on another forum who is having the same issue and she tried the hard reset and that did not work either. 

The only thing in common that we have done is hit that "Clear Voicemail Notifications" buttom under "Call Settings".

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
all you need to do is call tech support and have them fix it, its a network thing. not a phone thing.
0 Likes
thehorv

really nice, I have spoke with Verizon Tech support who initailly sent me to HTC tech support who sent me back to Verizon tech support who were unable to fix the issue after a 2 hour call.

It may be a network issue, i.e. that the vm server is not sending the notification down to the phone or something could have happened on the phone (say when I pushed the Clear Voicemail Notification button) that is not creating the notifcations as they are received.

It appears though that either not a lot of people are having this issue or the forum members are stumped by it because I have gotten little feedback or suggestions on this board and on another.  I hope the Android dev folks are reading it...

0 Likes
thehorv

Wondering if anyone else here in forum land has any ideas on this issue.  I am getting vms and no notification.  I know the simple fix is just to check my vm more often, but I sure would like to know why I used to get notifications until the aforementioned scenario went down described above.

Also, does anyone from Verizon Support actually read these messages?  Anyone know?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Dial your Voicemail, enter your PIN.... goto Personal Options #4,  then press #1 to set your Message Waiting Indicator  On/OFF.

Hopefully that's the issue.

Eric

0 Likes
azn10sdude

i have an eris, had the same thing.  when i called into VZ, they found out that they had signed me up for visual voicemail, and i did not know that.  apparently if you are provisioned for it, and you do not activate it on the phone, you get the combination of no voicemail indicator and the weird text messages every time you get a VM.

removing visual voicemail from my account and re-provisioning the phone fixed the problem

0 Likes