Re: Visual voicemail app won't work MOTO g7
i8abug4u

I just got a G8 power and I couldn't find the Verizon voicemail app on Google Play.  I found it on another device and added it to my wish list. When I tried to install on my new phone, it said that the app wasn't compatible with my phone.  I am perplexed. What voicemail app can I use that will work with Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@i8abug4u

I would suggest that you check the dialer application to see if Motorola had incorporated the visual voicemail feature from the Google Pixel phones into your phone model. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you use that device to it's full potential. Unfortunately, you will be unable to download that application when Google advises that the Visual Voicemail application isn't compatible with your device. However, you may use Basic Voicemail on that device. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/ 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
skas1

Why isn't Basic Visual Voicemail available for the MOTO g7? Verizon advertised it to me as available on all standard plans. I have a standard plan.

I understand that Premium Visual Voicemail is different, but I only want the basic visual version. Not gonna lie, using Basic Voicemail feels like I'm back in 2005.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Visual Voicemail application is only available on Verizon Wireless branded models. If you don't have a Verizon Wireless branded model, then you are limited to the basic non-visual voicemail or if available the Google voicemail option that is incorporated into the Phone dialer application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes