Re: Visual voice mail stopped working on Android 8.1.0
philmitchell

Hi JenniferL_VZW,

I followed your instructions at the link but my unlocked G5Plus continues to show a message: "Visual Voicemail is Disabled" - please contact Customer Service. When I did that, they told me that VVM was not allowed for Prepaid customers and that I had just been lucky that it had been working for me before the Oreo update. I'm sincerely hoping that customer service is mistaken about that. Do you have any information on this?

0 Likes
bretta_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am very sorry to hear about the unexpected troubles that have come about with no longer being able to use Visual Voicemail on your G5 Plus device, philmitchell. I definitely want to do everything that I can to assist you with this further. Sadly, it is true that Visual Voicemail on Android devices is not offered on prepaid accounts. However, I am glad to hear that it did work for you as long as it did. I would suggest researching any kind of third-party applications that may be compatible with your device to provide it the ability to use Visual Voicemail or a feature that is similar to it. You can click on the link below to view the details on the Visual Voicemail Plus app that may be a working alternative for you. Although we cannot guarantee how unlocked devices will work with our features like Visual Voicemail, you also can migrate your phone number to a postpaid account which does come with Visual Voicemail access. Would you be interested in starting a postpaid account?

Visual Voicemail Plus - Apps on Google Play

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PETBEL80

I have a postpaid account and I have exactly the same problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PETBEL80 wrote:

I have a postpaid account and I have exactly the same problem.

Did you read through the entire discussion and try the suggestions posted earlier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PETBEL80

Yes, I tried all of the suggestions but none of them corrected the problem. I have a Motorola G5+ and it seems the the new software update makes the app incompatible.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're right. The Verizon Visual Voicemail application is incompatible. Motorola incorporated the voicemail functionality in the dialer application just as Google had done with the Pixel phones. You have to remove the visual voicemail feature from your line and enable the visual voicemail in the phone dialer application according to the instructions I posted earlier in the thread. Once enabled, you have visual voicemail just not the Verizon Visual Voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chetonj_vzw
Verizon Employee

PETBEL80, We definitely want to make sure your Visual Voicemail feature is working properly. I'm sorry to see you've been having some issues, but not to worry we will get to the bottom of this for you. Can you tell me when you noticed it stopped working? Have you tried disabling the application and reinstalling it to see if it works properly? Also, tell me what happens when you try dialing *86 to access voicemail?

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
governor

when input *86 it said please enter youir pasword and then press #

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure that you get all of your messages. We are right here to help get this up and running for you. When did this start? What is the make/model of your device? Have you followed or tried the instructions that Ann154 suggested? If so, what happened?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes