Version 4.4.2 (KitKat?) causing texting problems.
LarryAffelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my Droid Razr HD to 4.4.2 and texting has become VERY unreliable and frustrating!! I can send texts, but the Messaging app often stops for absolutely no reason. And I receive very few of my texts, I was frustrated with the President of my company for not responding to something important over the holiday weekend and he just showed me that he responded immediately. This is entirely unacceptable and it all started when I did the upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2

I need help to solve this problem!

Larry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Version 4.4.2 (KitKat?) causing texting problems.
TresID
Enthusiast - Level 3

None of these suggestions will help! Motorola should be working on a fix. In the meantime, Support told me to install free Verizon Messaging until the correction comes out. Please share this info with all your Support people.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help keep those messages flowing LarryAffelt. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. What messaging app is this? Have you powered the device off/on since the update? Tried clearing your message threads and starting new ones?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
LarryAffelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard SMS messaging app, I just cleared all my threads (only a few) and rebooted the phone just now. I can be in other apps and I see popups stating "Messaging has stopped" at random times.
I have also signed out from Google Hangouts just to try something ...
I have had no issues at all with this phone until this latest upgrade from Google

Larry

0 Likes
TresID
Enthusiast - Level 3

I chatted with Support last night after seeing that so many others are having this same issue. She suggested I install Verizon Messaging (free) until there is a fix. VM also stores your texts online for 90 days so nothing is "lost"!

TresID
Enthusiast - Level 3

None of these suggestions will help! Motorola should be working on a fix. In the meantime, Support told me to install free Verizon Messaging until the correction comes out. Please share this info with all your Support people.

LarryAffelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I have friends who are having the same problem so I will try this out and let them know.

0 Likes
Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the LG G2 and I cant send or receive any picture messages , verizon support tells you to reset your phone and when that doesnt work or it only works for a day they send you the same phone and it doesnt work either.After checking online and the verizon help I realized that most G2 owners are having the same problem, but verizon persists on telling you the same thing. If it cant be fixed we should get different phones or let out of our contracts but then we still have to eat the cost we paid for the phone. verizon has really went downhill right there with comcast.

0 Likes
mjoyal4

Samsung Galaxy S4 here. Had this problem the day after the release of KitKat. My brother, mother, father, girlfriend, her mother, friends, and other family members are all having an issue too. This is unacceptable. I would appreciate it if we could roll the KitKat update back, at least. I have to restart my phone to send every other text message or turn on then off the airplane mode. Such a hassle.

0 Likes
LarryAffelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the free Verizon Messaging app from the Play Store, and when running it for the first time it asked if I wanted it to be the default messaging app and I said Yes. That seems to have solved the problem completely! I was using the default Messaging app from Google and that appears to have been a big part of the problem.

Thanks TresID for your help!

0 Likes