Verizon updater file missing--Samsung
WIMNAVAJO

I've been getting a notification of an update to the Verizon updater software for my Samsung Galaxy phones on my Windows computer, but when I try to install it, I get an error message that the file WINSUA_2.17.0214.msi is missing, and so I can't proceed with the update. I've tried to install several times, with the same result. Is there any fix to this, or will I have to bear with receiving these notices forever?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon updater file missing--Samsung
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You may have to uninstall the program and then install it again.

0 Likes
WIMNAVAJO

OK I've uninstalled the updater program, and I got the updater software available message, and when I tried to run it, I got the same error message as before: WINSUA_2.17.0214.msi missing, so the install program stops.

0 Likes
WIMNAVAJO

OK here's the complete sequence:

I get a notification saying: Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant Tool - Software download complete. Install Now/Install Later. I click "Install Now"

Then I get an Installing... screen.

Then I get a popup window as follows:

Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant - Samsung(ar)

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package WINSUA_2.17.0214.msi in the box below.

When I try doing a search of my computer, I don't find any file by that name. So I click OK and I ger the following popup window:

The path 'C:[etc...]' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package WINSUA_2.17.0214.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant - Samsung(ar)

When I click OK, I get another popup window that says:

Error 1714. The older version of Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant - Samsung(ar) cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

I have been getting this same thing for months. I have uninstalled the VZW Software Updater software, but still get the same thing as above occurring.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I use to have the same problem if you do a file search for SUA for some reason I have one in C:\user\public\verizon and another one in c:\verizon. When you do a search and the sua comes up go into the folder and click on it if that one works make a shortcut to desktop and just click on it to open the program.If it doesn't work go to the next folder till you find one that works and make the shortcut from there. I might not be explaining this right but the thing is that I am sure you have more then one sua in your file system and the one you are clicking on is set as the default and the system can't find the rest of the program it needs to open

0 Likes
shelbyjbarnes

I can neither install update (msi file missing) nor can I can uninstall updater.  How do I download another MSI file?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shelbyjbarnes, we know how important it is to ensure you have the latest software update on your phone. When did you start experiencing difficulties with trying to update the software? Are you able to access the internet on your phone without any issues? 

0 Likes