Verizon service bad in my area
AmyT1932
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a brand new Verizon customer. I bought the alcatel avalon Verizon exclusive. This has been a pretty big disappointment. I switched to Verizon for the unlimited plan but i can barely use it because the signal on my phone and the wifi from the househo is even worse. Would a better phone help this or do i need to just not bother with Verizon? I need the unlimited hotspot with a child in college, but unlimited hotpot, really doesn't mean much if your internet connection is so bad that you can't even change a profile picture without crashing an app. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon service bad in my area
bearone21
Legend

network will give 5-12mbps & can be slower.

weak wi-fi isn't a verizon issue, contact your internet provider.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Which unlimited plan are you on? Go unlimited has speed restricted hotspot at 600 kbps, which is very slow.  

0 Likes
AmyT1932
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
I do have go unlimited. Even the data on my phone is bad. I can see now i won't be staying with Verizon. They're not reliable at all. Their internet wouldn't even work to operate their app last night. For the price they expect me to pay for this each month.... It's laughable.
0 Likes
AmyT1932
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is Verizon data and Verizon hotspot not a Verizon issue? The data on my phone wasn't even enough to operate the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best service possible! Is this only happening while at home? Are all services being impacted while you are indoors? Do you know of others that also see this concern, or is it only your device? We're eager to hear back from you. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmyT1932, having issues with your data can be frustrating, especially if it’s not reliable. We value your business and would hate to see you leave Verizon Wireless. Please tell us more, when did the issue start? What exactly happens when you try to use the service?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmyT1932, having issues with your data can be a headache, especially if you are having issues operating an app. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, especially when it comes to providing a world-class experience. Please tell us more, when did the issue start? What exactly happens when you try to use the data service (error message, blank screen, loading icon, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
AmyT1932
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I have returned because the problem has suddenly worsened. With a new device starting today, this phone has become nearly unusable. I'm restating this phone annoy 10 times an hour. This might bring 4g back, but as soon as I attempt to use it, it drops back to 3g if I'm lucky but mostly 1x. The phone only works in 1 room of my home. And not even on all my property outside.  The 3g isn't even enough to operate your app or website lol Everything I try to use my data for, just drags my speed lower and lower. This isn't  a very reliable network. The only reason I'm able to contact you is on on Wi-Fi and my 1x signal is only 2 bars. I really don't think your coverage map was accurate.

0 Likes