Verizon's 4.1.2 update is a JOKE!
myjudge2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so sick and tired of getting screwed by this company.  There's basically nothing of value in this update.  While the rest of the world enjoys multitasking, etc., we just get a few gimmicks for the camera that we'll never use.  *****  Verizon!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm switching to AT&T at the end of my contract.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon's 4.1.2 update is a JOKE!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this for the Samsung Galaxy S3?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Multitasking has been a part of android since day one. It's not a new feature for anybody.

Not applicable

I have yet to determine how one is getting "screwed" here.

0 Likes
harmonious
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can see where MyJudge2 is coming from. It is a little frustrating to receive updates that either don't change much at all, or have features taken away from the update by the provider. I however don't think it's something that a person should explode over; it's just a phone. A damn good phone at that.

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

I don't see how a software update is Verizons fault here.

You'll be getting the same update on other carriers, depending on what phone you have.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

You're new around here arent you? Not trying to be a jerk but if you've dealt with VZW and their update policies for any length of time you'd know that nothing VZW does is similar to other carriers. For example: The Galaxy Nexus launched in the U.S. on Verizon first. Shortly afterwards other carriers got the handset and started pushing new versions of Android to customer's devices. Did Verizon follow suit? NO. Why should they? Right now the Galaxy Nexus on VZW is four updates behind.

Get used to it. Verizon is the absolute worst carrier in the U.S. when it comes to pushing updates and they don't care who knows it.

If it makes you feel any better your S3 is running on a new version than the VZW Nexus.

0 Likes
harmonious
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Post deleted for harassment and attacking comments per the .  This discussion is now closed.>

Not applicable

carseller0822 wrote:

You're new around here arent you? Not trying to be a jerk but if you've dealt with VZW and their update policies for any length of time you'd know that nothing VZW does is similar to other carriers. For example: The Galaxy Nexus launched in the U.S. on Verizon first. Shortly afterwards other carriers got the handset and started pushing new versions of Android to customer's devices. Did Verizon follow suit? NO. Why should they? Right now the Galaxy Nexus on VZW is four updates behind.

Get used to it. Verizon is the absolute worst carrier in the U.S. when it comes to pushing updates and they don't care who knows it.

If it makes you feel any better your S3 is running on a new version than the VZW Nexus.

A) Then go to a carrier that  'cares' about updates.

B) Perhaps Verizon should quickly push out updates without testing so they can screw up your phone an then you'd complain about that.

C) <Comment removed per the .>

0 Likes