Verizon messages
gdawg24
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my messaging app, it used to show my contacts with their Facebook picture as the avatar but not anymore and I can't find any way of changing it

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the details gdawg24!

I read through the posts and I see that you mentioned that only one contact is not there. Is this contact in your phone also a Facebook friend? If not, this could be the reason that the pic doesn't come up. Keep us posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Bonkies
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, I liked having the pictures for their avatars on my messages but it is no longer there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want your messaging application to work as good as always gdawg24! When did this issue start? Did it start after installing/updating any application/software on your phone? What is your phone model and software version? It is possible that an update to your phone and/or application made a change and your application is working as designed.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BigjohnToo52

Thank you for the quick response... I have a 5S.. And yes, I had done an upgrade of both the phone & iPad .  I'm already technologically challenged.. Now I'm just trying to keep the GB in check. No other real changes except my iPad froze and had to be reset twice after the upgrade.

0 Likes
gdawg24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the galaxy s5. The odd thing is that one contact's picture from Facebook still remains but no one else's. I just did the latest update but this issue started several months ago though. When I look at the features in messages+, it says that I can change the avatars under customization but it never gives me the option to do so on my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying the details of this situation, gdawag24! Are you able to adjust the contact pictures normally in the Contact app? Have you checked the Facebook sync settings to ensure contacts are still syncing?

YaleK_VZW
0 Likes
gdawg24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really mess with the pictures in my contacts, I just have the Facebook pictures in my contacts.   The pictures are there in my contacts and if I use the Samsung messaging app they're there just not the Verizon app with the exception of the one contact

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the details gdawg24!

I read through the posts and I see that you mentioned that only one contact is not there. Is this contact in your phone also a Facebook friend? If not, this could be the reason that the pic doesn't come up. Keep us posted!

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
gdawg24
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, that's not what I said. What I said is that only one contact will show up with the Facebook picture in the Verizon messaging app, however, in my contacts and in the Samsung messaging app, all of my contacts that I'm friends with on Facebook have their picture next to their contact

0 Likes