Verizon is loosing revenue by not allowing Nexus 7
tardis40

By not allowing Nexus 7 on their network they are loosing revenue  and for not being up front from the beginning they have given themselves a black eye.

I'm disappointed in Verizon's approach to adding Nexus 7's to their network.  While there are some legal concerns for them to say no, I think there are public image concerns too.  They have known that Google has said it would work on Verizon and yet have not said anything that they were not prepared to add the device.

I for one signed up with T-Mobile with their free 30 day account and so far it's been fine.  I wish I could have added to my Verizon account as it would have been a little cheaper and for the most part the Verizon LTE network is available where I go. But now I won't. I'll go with T-Mobile and look into AT&T for the Nexus.  And when my contracts expire for my two phones I will consider changing then if need be.

Verizon, you've opened the door for your customers to look elsewhere and try other networks.

Just my 2cents worth.

Larry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Verizon is loosing revenue by not allowing Nexus 7
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Supposedly they are in the process of certifying the N7 for use on their LTE network.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is loosing revenue by not allowing Nexus 7
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Here's the relevant C Block rule:

(b) Use of devices and applications. Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee’s C Block network, except:

(1) Insofar as such use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee’s network, or

(2) As required to comply with statute or applicable government regulation.

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Oh and a quote from a November 2007 Verizon press release: “Any device that meets the minimum technical standard will be activated on the network.”

0 Likes
tardis40

Yes, I've read that too. And I assume it will be certified some day. Still, it's disappointing that they haven't done it yet and I had to go to T-Mobile to use the LTE. If the T-Moble works out and I use more data than I thought I would then I will probably stay with them even after Verizon certifies the Nexus 7.

Contrary to those who have complaints regarding Verizon, I have had nothing but great network service and every contact with their employees in various departments has been very good. No complaints from me.  I'm disappointed they haven't been prepared for the actual release of the Nexus 7 and as far as I can find they never made any comments about not being ready. I expected more from them.

T-Mobile managed to certify and even get SIM cards put in the box before shipping. It would have been nice if Verizon could have done that too.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm sure that's what they're checking on with the certification process.

sburgner

The inclusion of the Nexus7 would be fantastic in our Share Everything Plans; however, one solution would be to activate the mobile hotspot (you mentioned you have a couple of phone lines) on one of the smartphones, and tether the Nexus7 via WiFi.

v/r,

Scott

0 Likes
beautiful07828

I would like to know who is getting the kickbacks from that deal they must have with Apple. Would have been nice for Verizon to tell me I couldn't connect my Nexus 7 instead of that I could connect any device. I didn't want a share everything plan and that was the only reason I switched. I could have just kept the plan I had with unlimited data!

Always in the fine print!

0 Likes