Verizon get rid of your worthless apps
marketmerlin

Has verizon made any plans to delete some of there worthless apps they clog up there phones with? I have a Pantech Breakout and it would be a good phone if it wasn't for all the verizon bloatware. I counted them and I have 60 apps on my phone counting the 6 that I installed and it hovers around 90% memory when i clean it out. I've fought with this the whole time I've had this phone and I've only got 5 months to go before my contract is up. I just have a feeling they are going to continue pushing bloatware apps and this will be my last phone with Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Verizon get rid of your worthless apps
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They get money for including the apps, just like the other carriers.

And the Breakout is not a good phone.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon get rid of your worthless apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it was on the lower end of specs when it was first released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
marketmerlin

I have seen where some people had a lot of trouble with the Breakout... Guess I just got a good one. I don't know but I've liked this little phone

"They get money for including the apps, just like the other carriers."

But you know what... They get money for us being customers too, You tell me witch is more important. To be honest I can live without a smartphone all together.. and if I need internet I have 3 computers

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Then you know that those 3 computers all came with bloatware also, unless you built them yourself.

0 Likes
marketmerlin

I'm on my 5th computer since the 90's and never had bloatware on any of them. I do build my own pc's and run 4 23" screens. I can't exactly pick up what I need at bestbuy lol. My newest one is an amd 6 core 6100 OC to 3.8 with 16gigs of ram and my old tower is my back up now with an amd 955x4 black clocked at 3.8 with 12gigs of ram.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow, if you are willing to spend the money for components like that for computers, why weren't you willing to spend a little more on a higher end smartphone? They are basically mini-computers after all.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

marketmerlin

Thats easy, computers make me money.. A smartphone is just a toy that I get no return on not to mention I was broke at the time and was more than ready to upgrade from the blackberry storm with a lot of issues and didn't work half the time.

I don't see what any of that has to do with the issue of Bloatware. Your right a smart phone is a computer. So whats the point of spending all that money on a computer that somebody else loads it down with so much junk that it becomes practically useless and expect the customer to live with it, even after its payed for. That's about like buying a car and the bank saying. Ok you own this but you cant go anywhere but work and home.. Maaaaaybe to the store as long as its not out of the way but because you bought it threw us, we can tell you where you can and cant go even after it's completely payed off... To bad for you, deal with it

0 Likes

Bloatware is here to stay - best you can do is avoid it all together.

To me, this is not about spending money on a phone (go ahead, buy a Galaxy S4: with Verizon software installed, it sure doesn't seem much faster than a Pantech Breakout)

With bloatware, you're only getting half the phone you should - I recommend paying full price elsewhere instead of subsidized "upgrade plan" models (Verizon feels entitled to bloat you up) - other options are:

(comments discussing rooting removed)

Pantech Breakout can be a GREAT phone.

Comments edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A little bit of research might have also been worth it to find which devices allow pre-installed applications to be disabled or had a low number of those apps. Then you could have gotten the most bang for your buck.

0 Likes