Verizon does not take responsibility in Galaxy S3 upgrade failure
dalakerdude

my galaxy III phone got totally messed up after software upgrade 6-25-14. Verizon blames Samsung citing the upgrade was provided by Samsung. That is a lie or at least half true. The upgrade was carried out by Verizon. Before Verizon does this, they should check to make sure the upgrade is bug free. It is not just bugs. This upgrade made my phone totally useless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not take responsibility in Galaxy S3 upgrade failure
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung wrote the code. Verizon only tests it to ensure that it doesn't break the network.

You haven't bothered to write what exactly is the issue from the update? What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Safe Mode? Factory reset? Checked your downloaded app for updates to ensure they are updated for the newer version of the OS?

A blanket statement of the "upgrade sucks" doesn't help the community members assist you with diagnosing the base cause of your phone issues which might not even be related to the OS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not take responsibility in Galaxy S3 upgrade failure
dalakerdude

Actually the tech guy at a local Verizon store told me in fact "upgrade sucks". Never try upgrade at the first day. Wait until they figured out bugs. Anyway the problem is that my phone started rebooting by itself every 5 minutes. The tech guy recommended hard reset. Then after the hard reset, now it started rebooting every 1 minute or less. Of course, Verizon blames Samsung.

0 Likes