Verizon Yahoo
n1acguy

OK, I give up. How do I configure this?

It'l let me set up my regular yahoo account, but I use the verizon.net as my main e-mail.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Yahoo
ChristieLee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my verizon.net acct set-up. You want to select a POP account as the email type.

Your incoming settings are:

username - your email up to the @

password - your email password

POP3 Server - incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

Port - 110

Security type - None

The Droid will check the settings, and should bring you to the outgoing settings. If it says the user name and password is incorrect, double check that they are correct, and hit next again.  Occasionally, there is a hiccup when you connect, but it clears if you try again.

Outgoing settings are:

SMTP Server - outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Port - 25

Security type - None

Check Require Sign-in

username

password

Click next.  Again the droid will check the settings and you should be set-up now. 

Just remember, Droid doesn't do a push like blackberrys.  You will not get your emails instantly.  You can set it to check your accounts a minimum of every 5 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I dont use Verizon for mail, but this is what I did for Charter.

When setting up the new account, use the manual mode.

Set up incoming as POP. No security, and Port 110 and your usual settings.

If it tests ok, next comes outgoing mail. Set this up as IMAP

For security use SSL, port 993. Outgoing mail server may be mobile.verizon.net. This I do not know.May be mail.verizon.net, or imap.verizon.net, or outgoing.verizon.net You will have to try different options.

You can set up incoming as IMAP with security, however you lose the option to keep your mail on the Server.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account (which it sounds like you might), in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

budone
Legend

I am not so sure the outgoing would work on a phone. Most ISP require a secure connection to allow outgoing mail that is not being sent directly from the computer.

0 Likes
n1acguy

I can't get that far. It rejects the password. No problem signing in on a computer.

0 Likes
ChristieLee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my verizon.net acct set-up. You want to select a POP account as the email type.

Your incoming settings are:

username - your email up to the @

password - your email password

POP3 Server - incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

Port - 110

Security type - None

The Droid will check the settings, and should bring you to the outgoing settings. If it says the user name and password is incorrect, double check that they are correct, and hit next again.  Occasionally, there is a hiccup when you connect, but it clears if you try again.

Outgoing settings are:

SMTP Server - outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Port - 25

Security type - None

Check Require Sign-in

username

password

Click next.  Again the droid will check the settings and you should be set-up now. 

Just remember, Droid doesn't do a push like blackberrys.  You will not get your emails instantly.  You can set it to check your accounts a minimum of every 5 minutes.

0 Likes
n1acguy

Thank You!

I had called Verizon and they gave up! They were telling me to use different port settings with specific security.

They were baffled. 

E-mail works great once set up.

0 Likes
redp48

Please let me know how to select a POP account as the email type.

My incoming server settings shows IMAP server as android.imap.mail.yahoo.com. 

This seems to work occasionaly and then I get an error message saying username or password incorrect.  I have gone in and retyped username and password and it still comes up with the same error message.  I leave it alone for several hours and it seems to get caught up with emails?  Any Help?  Thanks, Ron

0 Likes
redp48

I did creat a new account using POP account type and it still said username or password incorrect.  I give up.

0 Likes