Re: Verizon Not carrying Nexus 6
Cincybearcatfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

My estimated delivery date is November 21st for a 32GB Cloud White.

Tidbits
Legend

Lucky bum 😛

0 Likes
Cincybearcatfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not true. The point of this device is that it's not supposed to be a carrier specific device. That's why for prior Nexus devices you had to choose your carrier prior to completing your purchase. This is the FIRST and only device that I know of that isn't carrier specific. It supports all bands. I went to motorola.com and purchased mine already. Estimated Delivery Date: November 21st.

Now if you mean I can't go into any carrier's store and pick one up, you are correct. I don't know if you will ever be able to do that for Verizon. I realize that outside of a few comments on a few tech blogs, Verizon hasn't said anything specific but on Google's page very clearly it says that Verizon will be supported. I also realize that it may NEVER get an updated radio, especially if Verizon doesn't sell it. That's the risk that those that have already pre-ordered it have taken. However, to block it or blacklist IMEI #s is not okay. That will definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back for my family.

AZSALUKI wrote:

considering TMo has pushed back their roll out and i don't believe at&t has said when it will ship, i'm waiting for a bit until other carriers ACTUALLY sell the phone, before i question why verizon isn't. i mean, i won't be surprised if verizon is late on this, or doesn't sell it in stores at all, but as far as i know, i can't go anywhere right now and purchase one, on any carrier. i believe some have started pre orders (i haven't really followed the carriers and dates), but when i start reading about pushing back dates and when it was next to impossible to get at launch from google play, i'll wait until other carriers actually have it in stores before i frown upon big red.

0 Likes
jtp_96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love VZW service but this disregard for Nexus products is getting old. Every cRAPPLE product that comes out is available day one. Stop the bias VZW!!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Note 4, S5, and a slew of other devices were not available day 1.

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Apple knows how to make a good device and flawless software. Unlike Google who can't ever get anything right most of the time. 5.0 slightly changes that.

0 Likes
deadlyv2
Enthusiast - Level 1

firesafetybear

Flawless? Are you on drugs the 8.0.1 update for iPhones literally crippled peoples phones making them giant iPods that cost $700.

AZSALUKI
Legend

Cincybearcatfan wrote:

That's not true. The point of this device is that it's not supposed to be a carrier specific device. That's why for prior Nexus devices you had to choose your carrier prior to completing your purchase. This is the FIRST and only device that I know of that isn't carrier specific. It supports all bands. I went to motorola.com and purchased mine already. Estimated Delivery Date: November 21st.

Now if you mean I can't go into any carrier's store and pick one up, you are correct. I don't know if you will ever be able to do that for Verizon. I realize that outside of a few comments on a few tech blogs, Verizon hasn't said anything specific but on Google's page very clearly it says that Verizon will be supported. I also realize that it may NEVER get an updated radio, especially if Verizon doesn't sell it. That's the risk that those that have already pre-ordered it have taken. However, to block it or blacklist IMEI #s is not okay. That will definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back for my family.

AZSALUKI wrote:

considering TMo has pushed back their roll out and i don't believe at&t has said when it will ship, i'm waiting for a bit until other carriers ACTUALLY sell the phone, before i question why verizon isn't. i mean, i won't be surprised if verizon is late on this, or doesn't sell it in stores at all, but as far as i know, i can't go anywhere right now and purchase one, on any carrier. i believe some have started pre orders (i haven't really followed the carriers and dates), but when i start reading about pushing back dates and when it was next to impossible to get at launch from google play, i'll wait until other carriers actually have it in stores before i frown upon big red.

well that's kind of what i meant. sure, you can pre order from some carriers, or order from google or motorola, but the ship dates are all over the place, and have been pushed back in some cases. as tidbits mentioned, there have been a number of devices that verizon has carried, but rolled out a week or month later than other carriers. going all the way back to the droid incredible, there's been disasterous launches when it was clear the manufacturer wasn't ready for the demand. with the incredible, you had people getting a ship date more than a month out from their order. then there was the thunderbolt. best buy actually started taking deposits, and then stopped because nobody actually knew when it was going to launch. verizon took heat from customers who wanted it, but when best buy pulled the tbolt from their ads and quit taking deposits for it, it became pretty clear that nobody knew when it would truly be ready to go. sometimes i think that it's possible that verizon just tries to avoid that nonsense. once the nexus is in other carrier stores and is being received by other carriers' customers, then verizon customers have every right to complain, or at least demand when or if verizon will carry it. but at this point, i just don't see why people get so upset. verizon hasn't said they won't carry it.

altspeed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I truly believe they're maximizing the "boom" from the iPhone 6 and droid turbo launches and then you'll be able to buy one on edge, maybe in time for the holidays, maybe after the first of the year.

0 Likes