Re: Verizon Nexus 6 straight answer
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154

IF Verizon goes the way of AT&T they can chose not to update phones not purchased from them. Nor support them.

If this phone was just a play toy for me it would have already been done but it isn't. Again, without support from the mfg and cellular provider the phone is useless when an issue comes up. Being as 99% of my customers don't even know I have an office phone and frequent travel it isn't worth the cost of potentially losing a customer or missing a call or not being able to retrieve a voicemail.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by support it?  You won't be able to activate the 1X or CDMA unless their computer system is set up to activate the phone.  This usually happens well before they go on sell and if it is there and you have it they usually will go ahead and do it.  If it isn't they won't, they can't.  Unfortunately, Verizon's LTE network is a conversion from CDMA so it takes more than popping in the appropriate SIM to get up and running.  

Personally I'd rather have the Nexus 9 running on Verizon LTE but I'm a little bit nuts enjoying using my tablet as a phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

fezzik wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by support it?  You won't be able to activate the 1X or CDMA unless their computer system is set up to activate the phone.  This usually happens well before they go on sell and if it is there and you have it they usually will go ahead and do it.  If it isn't they won't, they can't.  Unfortunately, Verizon's LTE network is a conversion from CDMA so it takes more than popping in the appropriate SIM to get up and running. 

Personally I'd rather have the Nexus 9 running on Verizon LTE but I'm a little bit nuts enjoying using my tablet as a phone.

I said that to him, and him and his "recognized XDA developers" buddy kept saying it had something to do with XLTE, and Verizon didn't have the EID's in the databased and why it works.  Ironically no other device in similar situations unlocked can't do what the Nexus 6 does.  Don't even bother  they have it stuck in their head already.

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

You have to lie to get a nano sim, and then lie and give them a false imei

number to activate the sim.

That's what he means by will they support it.

milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbit,

If you have a statement from Verizon that they will support the Nexus 6,

we're all ears.

Tidbits
Legend

milidad wrote:

You have to lie to get a nano sim, and then lie and give them a false imei

number to activate the sim.

That's what he means by will they support it.

You don't have to lie.  All I said to them was I bought a device that requires a nano sim, and I would like to pick up the sim in store.  Was that a lie?  I had 0 trouble just saying that.

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

And you didnt.have to give a different imei number to activate that sim?

Since this has never been disputed, I'll need some verification.

0 Likes
Jonathanwburt
Enthusiast - Level 3

This all most likely does not matter after next month. The Nexus 6 will be out for Verizon most likely.

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't bet on it. I'm astounded that it wasn't out before Christmas

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

tidbits

Yeah you told them that. But in another thread you admitted you activated that sim in another phone before popping it in your nexus 6. So, don't act all high and mighty. If that were the case, why aren't Verizon apps able to be installed on the Nexus 6 like VVM and my account?

And just to clarify, what I mean by support.

Yes there are  Nexus 6 phones working on Verizon and yes a few people have gotten really lucky with the occasional good tech support. But overall Verizon doesn't not have to give any update to any phone not bought through them. Nor have they said they would make an exception for phones bought through the play store or Motorola.

That being said, I will not have a phone that I can't call my cellular provider and say I have an issue can you help? Then they be able to tell me your phone is not supported by us! That is exactly where you stand with your Nexus you were so lucky to have Miraculously Activated.

I even posted the link with the proof it was activated on the customer end and not on the system end.

The more you post your BS here the more I wonder if you aren't a troll for Verizon!