Re: Verizon Nexus 6 straight answer
Not applicable

reb0957 wrote:

Again, if AT&T had better cell and data service here I would be gone.

And there is the crux of the whole deal. You rather have good service or the newest shiny toy? The thing just came out. if you have to wait another month what is going to happen that you're missing out on? Um nothing.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Here is why, I am on a Note 2 refurbished unit from an insurance claim. It sucks the battery dry in 2 hours anytime GPS is on anything other than power saving mode. The antennas especially wifi are spotty at best. I know the phone is old in terms of a phone and who knows what the person who had it before did to it. The call speaker is busting if not busted and well my contract is up on the 23rd. That being said I read alot of spreadsheets from phone. The only true phablet Verizon offers is the Note4 . And you know with the radio issues I have had. I don't feel like dealing with Sammy again. The Nexus 6 does it for me. Motorola Radios! I don;t care what anyone says I have always had great luck with their radios. As a matter of fact O have an ATRIX HD in my bag with a AT&T prepaid card for emergencies or when I am stuck in the woods. I know my Note 2 wont reach a signal.

Now this started as an all carrier phone. That Verizon logo you so kindly pointed out was lit up. You could click it and it would take you to Verizon's web site. Now it's grayed out and linky no worky. Then I started doing some homework and thought maybe I will get MOTOX. Well, if I buy it out right the Nexus is just $150 more. The Droid Turbo is way to small.

Again, Just a confirmation that they will carry it and support it is all I want. But they are stupid fo rnot having that phone before Christmas.

And for someone who doesn't seem to care why are you busting in on my thread trolling.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not "busting" on your thread. I gave you an answer it's not what you wanted to hear so you ave to argue. if you asked a question which means you don't know the answer so when someone answers you don't say they are wrong since if you had the answer you wouldn't ask the question to begin with.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know why I even bother answering you but this is the last. My issue for rushing is I have several rebates through Best Buy that end on the 31st. Every carrier that Best Buy supports that has the Nexus 6 you can buy through Best Buy. So far it is just Sprint and AT&T. If Best Buy matches the newly released price for the Note 4 on 2 year contract i walk out of BB with $200 in gift cards for redoing a 2 year contract. That is hard to pass up. Over the past hour I have talked to Google and if I could have print screened it I would have. Basic summary is this, and I am doing some reading between the lines here. Google rep stated Verizon was supposed to be on same as AT&T . Something happened and Verizon said no deal. As of right now it looks like Verizon will have the phone soon but will not support the phone bought from any other source than Verizon. Pure speculation but here is my thoughts 1. Verizon wants there bloat to stay and lollipop doesn't allow that. 2. Verizon wants there apps as part of OS and not part of a partition 3. If there is a new PN and that is a big if taking Motorola and Google designing the phone the way they did is that the Verizon version will only have Verizon's antenna's so it is useless anywhere but Verizon. It also appears their is a new PN showing up in their system for Verizon. WOW! Remember this phone is only supposed to have 2 PN's. American and International.

In the past couple of days I have had conversations with Best Buy. What if I buy the N6 outright and just reup my contract? No go on a replacement phone and they won't sell me the phone anyway without a prepaid Sprint plan. AT&T's phone is sim-locked so no go there either. I was just trying to save my $'s. According to Google who botches roll outs anyway they had no idea demand would be this high. This I believe.

All that being said, Motorola has made some of the best phones I have ever owned. They hands down have the best radios out of all the current phone manufacturers. My bug out phone is an ATRIX HD with an AT&T prepaid sim. I have service in places no one else does. So that is the main reason I want the N6 a Motorola phablet. I don't even care about lollipop. Since my Note 2 I will never own another small phone again.

So my reason for rushing is this just to clarify: financial gain in a certain time period and a Note 2 that may not make another 2 months. It eats 2 batteries a day and when I went to Geek Squad they would offer a me a discount on an early upgrade since I am so slose to my 2 year plan being up on the phone.

Merry Christmas Mr. Helper!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The Verizon only working on Verizon will never be true. block C rules makes it impossible for it.

Low level reps will know NOTHING that includes Google reps. Verizon has already imported the IMEIs of the Nexus devices and that's why they all work, but can't activate the Sim cards much like the Nexus 7. Google already admitted the activation process was their mess up in Google groups. So they will carry them the question is when.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

wanted to add.. to change the hardware would require FCC additional testing, and a whole new model number which isn't going to happen.  So most of those things you are afraid of or speculating there's no way it would happen.

The only thing that can happen is Verizon not carrying it in stores, and not doing any type of contracts for the phone much like the other developer devices sold to be use on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

If you buy from Google or moto you still get the 25 per line credit like you do if you are on edge plan since you won't have a contract

creator
Contributor - Level 2

Also moto has a credit plan as well you can pretty much edge the phone through moto and pay no interest as well

milidad
Contributor - Level 1
And there is the crux of the whole deal. You rather have good service or the newest shiny toy? The thing just came out. if you have to wait another month what is going to happen that you're missing out on? Um nothing.

Why do I have to choose? Why should I accept non-customer friendly treatment regarding phone releases and updates, because Verizon has a good network?

My wife's phone sucks. It's had it and needs to be replaced. She wants a Nexus 6 as her next phone. She's been waiting (more or less) patiently.

How long does she still have to wait? Who knows. 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? She needs a new phone, and wants that one. She's trying to hold out, but she's not going to be able to wait too much longer.

So... I decided to check on AT&T's service in the area, and it's pretty good, better in some areas (important areas to my family in particular).

So, next Wednesday, I'm switching all four lines to AT&T, and walking out of the store with Nexus 6's (two of them).

Sonofevil77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am feeling the same way. I want the Nexus 6 on a discounted price. I am not against buying the play version but I want the support. If Verizon does not release the Nexus 6 then I am taking my 4 lines and going back to At&t. I do not understand why they play games with the hottest phone of the year. Many of us want Vanilla Android and not some bloated Turbo that is too small. I truly believe they want to push their DROID line over everything else no matter what the customer wants. I have a Note 3 that is great but touchwiz is getting on my last nerve.

0 Likes