Verizon/Motorola Screws Up Turbo 2 Launch
gumbypiz

Ok, I've been bombarded with emails from  Verizon that I can upgrade early.

I have a Period Maxx and it has worked pretty well, I only want more storage space and longer batter life as advertised for the Turbo and Turbo 2.

Now I did my research on line and found mixed reviews from users of the Turbo, and decided to wait for the Turbo 2, as that both Motorola & Verizon acknowledged issues with the Turbo and those would be resolved with the Turbo 2.

Well so I read the press release and announcement by Verizon & Motorola on Oct 27th that the Turbo 2 & Maxx 2 will be available for sale on Oct 29th.

So I call you Verizon and ask a rep questions about the phone, can I check it out at a store, can they customize the 64GB version (face/backplate, and other outward features as advertised and announced in the press release) at a Verizon store (or just how it can be done). He says yes, sure they can do that at any full service Verizon Store. He also confirmed that the cost would be $199 plus $40 upgrade fee for the phone with a two year contract renewal.

So I make a special $10 trip using Uber to the local mall to check out the phone on Oct 29th. Not a SINGLE rep that new what the hell I was talking about. All they knew was that they had the Turbo 2 32GB in black. After I spoke to a supervisor he confirmed that the 64GB could be customized, but not at any store. He and a rep directed me to the Motorola Moto Maker site.

So after wasting an hour of my time and $20 of Uber travel I go home to take care of regular bone business @ 4pm. At 9pm I pull up the Motorola Moto Maker site and to about each step on customizing each aspect of the phone, at the end, when it comes time to checkout, the price is full retail at $720. Which is obviously a lot more than I was told to upgrade and renew contract. I note nowhere on the Motorola site is there any part that asks you for you Verizon phone # or acct # to see what, or if you are eligible for special or discounted pricing.

So I press the live chat link and chat with a Motorola rep about the pricing that I was told about and what the Verizon rep at the call center told me, and what the supervisor and Verizon rep at the Verizon store told me how to order the phone.

She says, no they have no knowledge of any particular Verizon customer pricing, they only sell at retail and I need to go back to Verizon, call them or go to their website for info on how to order the phone. So basicly she, the exclusive manufacturer for the Turbo 2 for Verizon in the US has no [removed] clue on how to a current Verizon customer is to order the phone, or how to on their own Motorola website.

Fine, I say I'll call Verizon again to find out how to order and customize this phone that so far three Verizon reps (including a store supervisor) and a rep for Motorola itself don't know how to order.

So I call Verizon. The rep there apologized for the confusion, and says straight off you can't customize the Turbo 2 online via Motorola or Verizon. She could customize it for me over the phone and order it for me. But there would be no discounted pricing for the phone, it would be full retail, as Verizon doesn't do contracts  anymore (this is contrary to what three other Verizon rep have told me and contrary to what all those "you're eligible for an early upgrade" emails I've been receiving. She offers a payment plan of $30 for 24 months, and she has Turbo 2's in red and black, that it. I said that's not even close to the choices I saw on the Motorola website, and hardly what I would call customization. She say her supervisor says I need to go to a Verizon store to have it customized .ore than she could offer on her screen. I told her I had already done that and they told me to go to the Motorola website to customize it, and couldn't get the price I was told I could get.

By this time my wife had brought up the Verizon upgrade phone website link, and the Turbo 2, that wasn't there all day was now there to order. I told the rep thanks for nothing, and I'd now try out the Verizon site out of my own curiosity and try and order the phone the way I wanted and advertised.

So now @ 1am, I sit down at the desktop PC (using Firefox as a browser) and [removed] sure enough, the phone is there, AND it gives me a pop up of a Motorola Maker screen that lets me choose a face/backplate, in various colors and materials (including Leather and free engraving for it). So I complete the customization I want, and to to checkout. And sure enough I get three choice on pricing, $30 for 24mos ($720/no contract), $199 (plus $96 customization costs plus $40) for A 2 YEAR CONTRACT RENEWAL (completely opposite of what the last rep at Verizon told me).

I place the order with addition cost of $19.95 for 2day shipping (promised to arrive by Oct 31st by noon).

I get a confirmation page confirming what I ordered, exactly HOW I wanted it, the cost (reduced w/2yr contract renewal) and the date its due to be arrived.

The next morning @ around 7:45I get confirmation emails from Verizon of my order and the cost.

BUT the est date of arrival is showing 11/9. Not 10/31 as I paid additional $19.95 for. As a matter of fact, its 6 days later than the qouted date of 11/3 if I had opted for FREE shipping.

So I call Verizon AGAIN, explain to the rep all the crap I had to go through to order the [removed] phone and paid extra to get 2dsy shipping and the arrival date is actually a week away, what did I pay 2day shipping cost for if its not arriving on the day promised.?!? He apologized, removed the shipping fee, checked the tracking # and assured me it had already left the shipping facility the morning and would be at my door by Oct 31 as ordered.

Well, 10:44am I get a flat legal envelope containing a brochure on how to return my old phone and a receipt for the $40 renewal fee for upgrading the other phone, BUT NO PHONE.  The tracking # on the email and the order confirmation matched, but what was shipped was a legal envelope with NO PHONE.

I called Verizon AGAIN, obviously upset and frustrated, explained all the [removed] I had gone through, how NO ONE at Verizon not Motorola had NO [removed] CLUE on how to order this phone. I told him the package I received had no phone and wanted know just what the hell is going on?!?

He apologizes, outs me on hold, checks the order and the tracking #, and verifies the phone did not ship, and in fact Verizon has suspened ordering of the phone did to issues of Motorola not getting g customers or Verizon an "X" code needed to configure the phone to the order. AND would need to check with telesales for that X # (apparently this was not his first experience with this issue today and telesales helped get the x #/code to get things resolved).

So he needs to make calls and call me back, which he does with I do that telesales does NOT have my X#/code and that he spoke to Motorola and they are having a problem getting those # out as they should. AND I (not Verizon whom I order the phone from) needs to follow up with them with a special reference # to see what they could do to resolve.

Now I have ordered a phone, paid for special shipping, had a tracking # for it that was not even for the phone, have been told that it wasn't shipped due to an error by the EXCLUSIVE manufacturer of the device to the EXCLUSIVE carrier of the device, and neither party has any [removed] clue on what's going on or when I'm getting the stupid phone.

Now I called Motorola after the Verizon rep gave me a 800# and the special reference #. When I called the rep had no match to the ref# (Verizon rep gave the wrong #) but was able to find my info anyway via name and phone #.

Now she tells me I will have to hurry up and wait till Mo day to find out what happened and IF they can get this x # and IF I will get this phone an WHEN I would get it if at all.

I have to say Verizon and Motorola have done an absolute [removed] job of rolling out this phone and informing or coordinating with ANYONE reps or otherwise I how to customize or order the phone.

I have had my time wasted and given complete wrong and inaccurate information by both reps and supervisors. I have NO faith at this time that either Verizon or Motorola will correct the situation or knows their head from their [removed].

An I'm going to post what has happened to me in trying to order the Droid Turbo 2 on each and every social media and message board site that I can find so that others don't have this happen to them and can avoid the hassle.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon/Motorola Screws Up Turbo 2 Launch
Snn5
Legend

DROID TURBO 2 - Designed by You | Verizon Wireless

Press the big red box in the center of screen.

Device Payment plans are cheaper than contracts, especially with no upgrade fees.  You pay full retail either way, why not spend $26  phone payment plus $20 access a month rather than $200 up front PLUS $40 a month access and $40 upgrade fee?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Besides, I thought it wasn't released until the 30th. At this point it is available. I was looking at it on Saturday. Decided on the LG V10. The rep at the store. A close personal friend told me that Turbo 2 could be customized with them and you have to wait for delivery. They even had a cool display that shows all the options for the back and accent which allows you to see how it would look.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I like the V10 as well, but these $700 phones....I'm just not paying that much for a phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Costs me $3 a month. The phone is $28 and I get the $25 discount.

jediguy

I went into a Verizon store and the rep told me how to get a custom Turbo 2:

I would have to order one through him and Motorola would mail me a code in 2 days. Don't know why they can't email it.

Once I got the code, I could go on the Moto maker website and customize my phone and order it there. Then they would ship it to me.

I am still waiting on my code since I ordered it Friday afternoon.

I can update once I get it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why not do it from Verizon's site, click the phone, then follow the link to Moto Maker, customize, order, delivered.

0 Likes
jediguy

The custom phone on the verizon site said "out of stock" all day Friday for me. Checked the next day and it was available again but I had paid tax and ordered it already.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you go to a corporate store? I was told that they can help place the order from there.

0 Likes
jediguy

Yes. I thought they could have ordered it for me but I am guessing the rep did not know how. I am just hoping the process he told me about actually works.

0 Likes