Verizon Messages - possible to make Chrome extension or PC desktop app?
sb8636
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I recently downloaded the Verizon Messages app from the Play Store and am trying it out to replace MightyText. The reason MightyText is so handy is its Chrome extension, which means I don't have to log into Mightytext every single day just to send/receive messages from my PC browser. Is there any possibility of creating a Chrome app/extension or even a Windows desktop app for Verizon messages?

It is a great concept and makes more sense to do all SMS/MMS management at cloud/network level rather than syncing from the handset to the service (like Mightytext does). The main issue is that logging in at 2-3 times/day (work PC, home PC, sometimes get timed out as well) to the Verizon Messages webpage on PC is getting annoying. Mightytext is more seamless in that I log in once and it maintains that for months, unless I log out.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages - possible to make Chrome extension or PC desktop app?
sb8636
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, the web app/interface itself could use some improvements. For example, it's impossible - AFAIK - to forward messages.

Fredhof
Enthusiast - Level 1

This would be an excellent solution; especially when you rush out somewhere and leave your phone behind, not that I've ever done that.  Having an app extension in the browser space would be a most welcome addition. 

Almaretto
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use the integrated messaging app on Android, Web Interface, Desktop app, and Ipad IOS app all the time. However, I agree some improvements need to be made. Of the all, android app has the best features, but it too needs some tweaking.

The Android app does not seamlessly utilize both wifi or data plans as well as cell network. In poor service area (ie my house where I have great wifi), messages are often stuck int the sending phase for a long time. And, not sure if it is related, but something is causing recipients to get repeated copies of messages (on my screen showing only once) as well as "failed" messages (with contacts actually getting).

Both the web and more so the desktop app are a little slow sending messages, which makes no sense since chatting apps have been around forever.Neither seems to sync contact info very well. But, the web app constantly signs the user out and the same rate of user account.

Lastly, the the desktop app does not sign the user out, but I can never attach images. When I want to, I sign into web interface to send. Strangely, images sync in the conversation; and, you can browse for images and it opens an edit window similar to the IOS app with options to create collage or enhance, yet the attach button does not work.

0 Likes
luvcacti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that I'd like to see a Chrome Extension for VZW messages!  I cannot install software on my work computer d/t user account restrictions, but I can install Chrome Extensions without issue!