Verizon Messages + - Convert Audio to Written Text?
ALS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to compose a text message using audio?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages + - Convert Audio to Written Text?
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  Your keyboard should have a microphone icon on it.  Your phone will use either the stock voice to text software or you can use Google's engine from the play store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  Your keyboard should have a microphone icon on it.  Your phone will use either the stock voice to text software or you can use Google's engine from the play store.

0 Likes
ALS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I hit the microphone icon on my Motorola Droid, it sends my audio message as an audio message instead of converting it to text. Is there  any way to transcribe it?!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You don't want to send an attachment (SMS).  If you press the Mic key in Verizon Messages it will listen and type.Capture.JPG

0 Likes
ALS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I press the mic and it automatically sends the voice message. Do I have to change something so that doesn't happen? I like both options but do like the text transcription option.

Thanks for your help!

Also - how do I turn off the 'swipe' on my keyboard (while I have you)?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is this a Droid Turbo?  Do you have a better app you can use?  Maybe Hangouts or another SMS app?  Verizon's software is a bit hokey at times.  I was using VM+ at one time, but it uses data and I'd rather save my data.

0 Likes
ALS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes - a Droid Turbo. I like VM+ except for this issue. I'll experiment.

Any thoughts on the 'swipe' thing? It gives me letters I don't want when I hit the wrong keys. Annoying!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Settings and options, Advanced options as well.

0 Likes