Verizon Galaxy S4 poorer quality than at&t
ad0502
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this phone less than a year brand new. First,  it keep disconnecting my calls.  Then, it said my battery was overheating.  I call the tech person didn't call me back but 1 time after it hung up her. Next, I called and after they said I qualify for a new battery. They said they don't have those size batteries anymore.  They gave me some excuse, it's not the battery it's the necessary update. So I bought a micro sd memory card, did the update.  This took away favorable features,still over heats, when making a call it's blank (no dial tone) and cuts off during calls or use for no reason with ample charged battery. This us said since Verizon is acclaimed to be the best in everything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 poorer quality than at&t
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you're having trouble with the actual device:

Smartphones & Cell Phones: Compare, Review & Browse Carriers | Samsung

While Verizon can offer you suggestions and things to try, ultimately it's Samsung who manufactured the device; for all carriers.

The problems you're having sound like all the problems people mention after the lollipop update.

0 Likes
ad0502
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply, but Samsung creates the phone differently  (features,capabilities and model). My galaxy models from At&t lasted years.  This phone from Verizon sucks and was messed up, prior to the "lollipop" update you mentioned.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Then it is Samsung who produced a poorly made product. Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
ad0502
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I did factory reset with the Verizon tech rep.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to break this down, your two problems are connectivity and dropped calls and an overheating device?

There will never be a dial tone when you make a call, you simply dial the numbers and hit send. When you experience dropped calls what type of service are you getting? 3G, 4G, how many bars, extended?

As for the device over heating you should be sure to close all background apps, keep your screen dimmed, use a still wallpaper, utilize power saving mode, turn off wi-fi/location/bluetooth etc when not in use.

0 Likes