Verizon Galaxy S4 Overseas Local Sim Card Problem
rb_

Hello,

I am in Slovakia. I was under the belief my Verizon Galaxy S4 was unlocked for overseas Sim Cards. I loaded a local Orange Sim card and only data worked. No voice, no sms. The card works fully in a local iphone. However, I want to use my own hardware.

I researched this forum before leaving for my trip and saw in at least 1 post from VZW that my phone is unlocked for international sim card use so I continued with other travel preparations. Now that I am overseas I encounter the problem.

After further research it looks like some people need to have the phone unlocked. Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 Overseas Local Sim Card Problem
rb_

@Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Global GSM Does not work

This thread contains a note from PamelaF_VZW to Gimmeniz that looks like a resolution was provided. Please use it as a reference to help me with my problem if applicable.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 Overseas Local Sim Card Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rb!, we hope that you're having a fabulous stay in Slovakia. Your belief that your device is unlocked is correct. Is the device's network mode set to Global services? Click http://vz.to/14y5vHN for the steps on how to do this. If you continue to have issues with utilizing your phone overseas, please contact  our Global Team at 908-559-4899 for more assistance.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes