Verizon Eris Flip Flop
MichaelDavid

I received my sixth HTC Eris yesterday, activated it, and within 20 minutes, it was frozen and had to remove the battery.  I called support, and my rep had me do a hard reset on the phone.  This worked for about thirty minutes.  I called back, we did another hard reset and she offered to send me a "Certified Like New" Motorola Droid.  I told her that I would give this another 24 hours, but any other problems I could like to switch.  

She was going to call me at 2:30 this afternoon, but clearly was too busy to do so.  I called back today to let support know that my Eris again froze up, I cannot make or receive phone calls, and every time I check a text message, I have to force quit my messages.  I told this rep that I was offered a Motorola Droid and would like to take up that offer.  She tells me that since I have an HTC Eris, and I can only get another "Certified Like New Eris".  It's against their policy to switch models.

Why would one rep one day tell me that I can switch models, and then the next day another rep tells me this is against their policy?

She kept getting my line confused with my dad's line, whom also has an Eris which is not working properly.  He has an upgrade coming up next month, and she tells me the only way I can change my model is if I took his upgrade.  That's ridiculous.  So she's sending me ANOTHER Eris, making that number 7 in six months.

I'm very irritated with Verizon for selling such a garbage phone, making empty promises and denying the fact that this HTC Eris is a terrible, horribly thrown together phone.  When I left AT&T to Verizon I went for the Motorola Droid, but the sales person talked me out of that to rather get the Eris, "faster and not as bulky" is what I was told. I was lied to.

Where do I turn to now?  I have another piece on it's way which will most likely do the same thing, should I just buy out my contract and go back to AT&T?  Talk to someone else about switching models.  This is just unreal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Eris Flip Flop
dwright0508

Wow I am right were you are. I got on the phone with a rep the day I got my 4th Droid Eris Refurb since that one wasn't working and she told me I could get a Moto Droid refurb. But my power went out and i got on the phone 2 hours later and the rep told me "it was against policy" and she can't do this. I was furious. Take a look at my thread and it will explain what i went through.

0 Likes
Butthead
Contributor - Level 2

My Eris works just fine. No problems.

It'll be hitting Craigslist shortly to subsidize my Droid X.

0 Likes
jonbegood

Wow! If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck.  Feel for you. 

0 Likes