Verizon Droid4 Now Dropping Almost Every Call 3g/4g?
jgd4

My Droid4 is about a year old; Verizon recently added 4g to my zip 97413.  For the last couple of weeks it has been dropping many calls - in the last 2-3 days dropping virtually every call - this phone and Verizon's service has now become a severe  liability to my business. It seems this kind of thing has been happening to lots of other folks in other areas, some surmising that increased 4g customer base is now overloading the network in many areas.  Droid4 or Verizon network issue, or both?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Droid4 Now Dropping Almost Every Call 3g/4g?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jgd4 wrote:

My Droid4 is about a year old; Verizon recently added 4g to my zip 97413.  For the last couple of weeks it has been dropping many calls

A couple of things you might try, since the network has changed recently - power off your DROID 4, remove and then reinsert SIM card, and restart the phone.  This will force the phone to redetect the (now) changed network capabilities.

If you haven't done a system cache clear, that often does wonders for making the phone respond better.

If none of this helps, go into a store, or call customer service and have them replace the SIM card (it's free).

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Droid4 Now Dropping Almost Every Call 3g/4g?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jgd4, having wireless signal should be the least of your problems. We need to fix this. It appears that the zip code area of 97413 is located in an "extended" 4G area. However, you should still be able to place/recieve calls with no issue. Have you powered your device off/on to soft reset it? Have you recently recieved a software update on your device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes