Verizon Downloads to Zip file that won't open
Ed93

I have photos on the Verizon Cloud.  When I download them to my PC, they automatically go into a zip fie.  I am then unable to open the zip file and I get an error message.  What do I need to open the zip file?  I'm running Windows 10?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Downloads to Zip file that won't open
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The zip file might have been corrupted in the file transfer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get these files opened on your computer Ed93. What error message do you receive when trying to open the file? Do you have any applications installed on your computer that open zip files?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many photos were in the ZIP file?  Try downloading in smaller chunks.  I've found that 200-300 photos in one ZIP file is about all that works, otherwise it times out or the file just own't open.

0 Likes
pilc057

I have the same question.  It took a couple hours to download my photos to the zip file.  Do I have to start over?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pilc057, there's definitely no need to start over. If all of your photos did transfer to that zip file, simply use a program such as winzip or similar to uncompress them. If all of the photos did not transfer, then you can perform a new download to ensure they all get saved.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tracey17

Well I assumed they downloaded correctly and then I had deleted them from the cloud.  So I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to get Windows to open the zip file?

2. Is there any way to recover the pictures that I have now lost???

I'm very upset as I did not get any warning messages about this.  The file stated that it was completed and I trusted Verizon. Now I have lost a TON of memories that I had relied on Verizon to keep for me.

0 Likes
pilc057

I used 2 different programs and neither worked.  It just tells me the zip file is invalid.

0 Likes