Verizon Cloud not Syncing properly with Galaxy S5
kittiz

Before activating the new Galaxy S5 that I bought for my gal, we backed up her Contacts to her Verizon account Cloud. We can see all of the contacts including phone numbers.

Yet after activating the new S5 most of the phone numbers are not appearing on the phone?

A Chat session with Verizon wasn't helpful.

I've tried numerous times to Sync to the new phone. The old phone has been deactivated. I've tried everything that I can think of, including Selecting all of the contacts, etc.

Any hints? She's not happy that I got her a new phone that doesn't have her phone numbers in it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud not Syncing properly with Galaxy S5
kittiz

This is what her contact page is looking like ... with no phone number. SOME contacts DO have a phone number ?

I'm wondering what's under NOTES ... since it says something about HTC Data. The phone we uploaded to the Verizon cloud was from an HTC phone

Image containing personal info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
kittiz

Thanks ... but instead of just deleting how about helping to solve the problem?

Here's the screen shot with the email address covered up:

Image containing personal info removed as required by

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kittiz We want your girl to love her new phone. To retrieve her contacts, look for backup assitant on the device and tap sync. Backup assitant is under settings and accounts.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
mhb1954
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent four+ hours at the local VZW store on two visits, called VZW tech support three times and spoke to five reps, and have been in touch with executive services, not to mention all the time I've spent on my own researching and trying to get my phone to sync contacts with the Verizon Cloud.  After over 20 hours of effort, I still can't get it to work.  This w/e tech support said I had to wait for a mid-June software update.  My phone will be two months old then.  I did get contacts to sync through gmail (I exported from iCloud (originally on Apple 4S) to vcard file, imported vcard content to gmail, synch to gmail account on S5). I can also populate the Verizon Cloud app contacts list from the vard file--but only from the PC side, not the phone.  I have tried numerous procedures and the S5 will not sync with the Verizon Cloud.  The Cloud app online says my device has no contacts.  I've managed to arrange my contacts to be the way I want them on my phone, I want to use the phone's contacts set as the master, but no matter what I do, I can't push the contacts to the Verizon Cloud (or vice versa).  It's a stunning roadblock and a great hindrance to onboarding new customers. 

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The best thing to do (and it may not work in this case) is to save ALL of your contacts as Google contacts and ditch Backup Assistant (Cloud) all together as it is terrible at saving things the way they are on your phone. It is real good at mixing contacts numbers and address or even eliminating them all together. Google on the other hand I have never had an issue with accuracy and it is seamless.

0 Likes