Verizon Cloud Transfer Problems
ErikaSweetPea

It's bad enough that the Droid DNA does not save your photos to a removable storage, but on top of that my computer no longer displays ANY of the phone files (not one) when plugged in with the USB, so I have had to resort to the Cloud AFTER discovering this upon activating a new DNA. I only have today to figure this out before I send my device back, so it is crucial I get some legitimate and complete responses.

I have a ton of photos and videos from July '13 to "yesterday" Oct 20th 2013. I tried to sync everything, but of course, it does not fit everything for free (no surprise here). Downloading a bajillion photos one-by-one is seriously the biggest joke ever. But not having the ability to select WHAT goes into the cloud just makes this entire thing laughable, to say the least.

So here's my question:
If I download my bajillion files to my computer and then delete those from the cloud & try to sync again, will I be able to get the items that were not uploaded or am I just SOL and have to remain in eternal-frustration with all future devices?

P.S. Question: Is there a reliable, clever, or super-manual way to transfer my remaining photos/videos from the old DNA to my replacement DNA without using the USB cord (because I can't)???

I have to send this back tomorrow so I really need immediate response, I know typing that doesn't boost my post or anything, but if anyone reads it, please don't hold out on me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud Transfer Problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check out Airdroid in the Play Store. You can wirelessly transfer the files. I have heard others have luck with this application.

I personally use ES file explorer (Estrongs) and their ftp option to create a wireless link between my device and computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check out Airdroid in the Play Store. You can wirelessly transfer the files. I have heard others have luck with this application.

I personally use ES file explorer (Estrongs) and their ftp option to create a wireless link between my device and computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ErikaSweetPea

That might help in the future, but I am not sure I could use that to transfer from a device that is old when the new one is activated

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have used the ES file explorer option on deactivated devices and wifi only devices. I'm sure the Airdroid application works in a similar manner. Transfer the files from the old phone to the computer. Then transfer the same files to the new phone.

0 Likes
ErikaSweetPea

Thanks for clarifying I'll try that tonight. I just want the copies of my items, I don't need to re-transfer them back to my new phone. Gotta save space you know Smiley Happy

0 Likes