Global ( or their label , pro ) version was labelled as CDMA / GSM , and

they did say ok with verizon twice....had ordered a note 7 direct from

samsung.

Still using my verizon note 2.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon APN settings for Xiaomi Mi Note 2
mama23dogs
Legend

Do you have link to a spec sheet?   It may have 2G CDMA or it may be W-CDMA, which won't work. 

I don't want to give up on it before really checking it out for you.

Verizon usually can't be bothered with non branded phones.  Most do not work. 

You can try these settings, and cross fingers....

IMG_5324.PNG

0 Likes
ghwmd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

2G: GSM: B2,B3,B5,B8; CDMA1X / EVDO: BC0, B1,B10,B15

3G: WCDMA B1, B2, B4, B5, B8; TD-SCDMA: B34, B39

4G: FDD-LTE B1, B2, B3,B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13,B17, B18, B19, B20,

B25,B26, B28, B29, B30

TD-LTE: B38, B39, B40, B41

Gary H. [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 9:37 AM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I found this listed as global.  Looks the same. http://www.pdevice.com/product/xiaomi-mi-note-2-global-version-specs

Unfortunately their idea of "global" isn't for the US market.   It only has one of the 2 bands for 3G for GSM carriers.  (Required 850 and 1900, if has 850 only).  

W-CDMA and TD-SCDMA can be confusing as they are not CDMA technology. 

You can try the APN settings, but I don't think the phone will work.  You might get some LTE.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I came across this listing for the specifications on the frequencies. The FCC also needed to certify all the frequencies too. http://www.xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-mi-note-2-pro.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yeah.   My rule of thumb is if it isn't in Best Buy unlocked display, it didn't pass the FCC, and can't be counted on. 

Im with ATT and we get many questions on this brand.  It just isn't worth it if the phone won't work well. 

0 Likes
ImaginaryKaos

The Mi Note 2 Global version is FULLY compatible with Verizon.  It is capable of connecting with ALL CDMA frequencies in the USA, including Sprint..  If you want to use this phone on Verizon, you must use a SIM that has already been activated by a Verizon approved phone.  I used the SIM from my iPhone.  Simply use Verizon's APN settings and the Mi 2 Note Global edition works flawlessly.

0 Likes