Various Android Issues - Help Appreciated
kaelsidhe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having several issues that I assume are Android related rather than hardware related.

1) I'm syncing my phone contacts with my Outlook contacts.  To be clear, I have zero phone contacts.  All my contacts are managed via my Outlook contacts.  The problem is that my phone now contains not only my Outlook contacts but also anybody who has ever sent me an email via Outlook!  I know Outlook tracks a list of anything you receive or send but the only contacts I want to see on my phone are the contacts that I have specifically defined in Outlook.  In my contact settings I have already excluded everything I can exclude except my

2) I recently replaced my Droid 2 with a Droid 2 Global.  I doubt this is a hardware issue but something has changed with the configuration that is causing issues with auto-finishing contact names.  For instance, when I'm sending a text message I type the first few characters of a person's name and it used to auto prompt me with a list of names that match and numbers that I can select.  Well now it doesn't prompt me with names but only numbers.  So if a particular person has a fax number, land number and mobile number, they all pop up in the list for that person with no labels so I have no idea which one to choose for a text message.  I've checked in Outlook which is where I define all my contacts and these contacts DO have individual numbers labeled as Fax, Home, Mobile, etc.  In my syncd phone contact list they are defined as well.  They just don't show up in the auto-prompt list.

3) I've already turned off auto-correct because it was driving me crazy correcting words that didn't require correcting. However, it still screws up certain special characters and I need to know how to get it to stop.  If I want to put quote marks around a word for "example".  I type a space then I type the quote mark then I type the word and then the closing quote mark.  What I actually get is this... this is an" example".  Android automatically puts the opening quote mark at the end of the previous word.  It does the same thing for dollar signs.  If I want to type $20.  It comes across as$ 20.  It also does this for regular end of sentence punctuation marks but that makes sense in those cases.  So how do I get it to stop?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes