VZW Silicone Case Scratching Phone
jcd72992

I bought Verizon's Silicone case and put it on my Droid the day I got it.  I took it off yesterday to put on a screen protector and noticed that the case's clips scratched the metal surrounding the screen although I did not force the case off. I called Verizon saying their case scratched my phoneand they told me the case had been recalled and to go to a store and they might replace my phone.  Once I got to the store they changed their mind, saying the case had not been recalled.  Also the representative I delt with said they could feel scracthes with their fingernail although when I got home I could clearly feel them. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Silicone Case Scratching Phone
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

jcd72992 wrote:

I bought Verizon's Silicone case and put it on my Droid the day I got it.  I took it off yesterday to put on a screen protector and noticed that the case's clips scratched the metal surrounding the screen although I did not force the case off. I called Verizon saying their case scratched my phoneand they told me the case had been recalled and to go to a store and they might replace my phone.  Once I got to the store they changed their mind, saying the case had not been recalled.  Also the representative I delt with said they could feel scracthes with their fingernail although when I got home I could clearly feel them. Any suggestions?

can you have the VW customer service rep fax you something in regards of this?  i mean a recalled item always comes with a press release.  and if you have something offcial you can show them at the store. if they refuse, ask, no demand to see the manager to explain to them (dont become irate, it will get you no where).

no manager, call customer service directly from the store, maybe they can get something to happen.

by the way, is this place where you got the droid, a re-saler, or an actual satelite verizon store?

cuz a re-saler is an indpendent and you may not get the satisfaction you want. you need an official outlet verizon store. imho.

0 Likes
Re: VZW Silicone Case Scratching Phone
jcd72992

The thing is that they continued to flip flop on me, one time I was told it was recalled and the next I was told it wasn't.  So I dont know if i was being lied to or they just had the wrong information.  The clips are sharp, for lack of a better word.  Her exact words were, "It was your choice to use the case and whether or not it was the cases fault for causing the damage we cannot do anything for cosmetic damage".  My argument was that its THEIR case that caused the scratch to my phone.   I got the case so this exact thing would not happen and thats what caused it.  Also she told me, "If you decide to return the case and you drop it and it breaks...well thats too bad for you".  Its very frustrating since ive only had the phone for about four days. I ordered it from verizon over the phone.

0 Likes