VZ phones not sending/receiving text messages
bebe615
Enthusiast - Level 1

All three of my Verizon wireless lines (Samsung S5, Samsung S4, Iphone 6) are having issues sending and receiving messages between each other and to other contacts. Is this happening to others?

Labels (1)
Re: VZ phones not sending/receiving text messages
mset83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you had any luck fixing this issue? What messaging app do you use? I have a Samsung S5 and use the verizon messages app and have been having this problem for about 2 weeks. I will send a message and it will say sending forever and never go through. Then if I restart my phone it will send the text messages to everyone even though its days later 😕

Just did an update on my phone part 1 of 2 of the lollipop update hopefully this fixes the issue.

0 Likes
bebe615
Enthusiast - Level 1

No luck fixing this issue. I use the S4 and my boyfriend is using the S5 we both use the verizon messaging app which drives me crazy because it takes for ever to load messages. I started to using google hangouts to send my messages for a while hoping it would resolve my message sending problem but it didn't so I switched back.

We both have to restart our phones in hopes of our messages sending.  We also have the same issue of the messages being sent days later and resending messages that were already sent. 😕

I'm not sure if he did the lollipop update but I have heard ppl are having issues with it.

mset83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ugh its so annoying! I was already having problems before the update I thought maybe the lollipop update would fix it but no luck and I havent found a fix for it yet. Usually a google search will help me find a fix but no luck yet. I guess no one has figured it out yet, not even verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have a properly working phone mset83! Allow us to step in and assist with your equipment conerns. What exactly is going on with your device? What make and model phone are you using?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
HSKR

I'm having similar issues.  When I send texts, my phone will say messenger app has stopped working and will kick me out of messenger.  When I go back into messenger my message will be showing as "sending" but I have confirmed the texts are being received by recipient.  Also I do not get all the replies during times when the phone is acting up.

Driod Mini using Adroid 4.4.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HSKR, I'm saddened to hear that your device is acting up. With the text messages are you using the native app or the VZW messages app? Most times the VZW apps works far better. Please try it out and keep me posted.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
HSKR

I guess its the native messenger app. Which was just "updated" but still

acting up. I haven't installed any messenger app other than Facebook.

On Feb 19, 2015 5:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes