Using mp3 as a text notification
nosynths

Hi there.  I have an HTC Eris.  I want to use a very short mp3 as my text message notification.

I cannot seem to do this.  I saw on another site where I would need to add a folder named

Notification and put the file in there.  That did not seem to work as I still do not see the mp3

on my list of choices when trying to change the notification sound.

Can anyone help with this? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Using mp3 as a text notification
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nosynths wrote:

Hi there.  I have an HTC Eris.  I want to use a very short mp3 as my text message notification.

I cannot seem to do this.  I saw on another site where I would need to add a folder named

Notification and put the file in there.  That did not seem to work as I still do not see the mp3

on my list of choices when trying to change the notification sound.

Can anyone help with this? 

You can make a ringtone with the app RingDroid. Then once you have made,download the app called Ringo Lite. You can make the ringtone you made as a text ringtone.Just assign the texts as a ringtone

0 Likes
Re: Using mp3 as a text notification
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

i'm not sure what steps you have taken so far so i'm going to give the long version which i hope will help.

first, do you already have your mp3 you want to use as a notification?  if so, when you connect your phone to your PC, you're going to tap USB connected.  then you're going to tap mount. you then pull up 'my computer' and click on that particular removal disk for the phone.  when you click on that disk, you should get a list of folders.  look for the folder that contains the mp3 track.  right click on the mp3, choose 'send to removable disc' (whichever is for the phone).  click back, and you will be back at the 'removable disc' folder.  your mp3 should be listed in that folder now. you then click and drag it into the notifications folder.  (i always dbl chk by looking in the notifications folder). i do the safely remove hardware on the PC & you want to go back to your phone, tap menu, tap notificatons, then tap 'turn off USB storage', then choose turn off.  after you unplug your phone from PC, go to your text msg, tap menu, tap settings, tap select sound & your mp3 should be there.

your Eris stock music also comes with its own ringtone trimmer if you didn't know that already.  when you play the song, tap menu, tap set as ringtone, and depending on how that track was made, you will get an option 'trim the ringtone'. i love this feature.  make it as long or as short as you want.  you will find the song in the .ringtonetrimmer folder in the 'removable disc' folder when you mount your phone to your pc.  just do the same steps abv after clicking on that .ringtonetrimmer folder.  you can also trim your song with the app, Ringdroid that TheGreatOne mentioned. i've used that also.   let us know if more help is needed.

0 Likes