Using Verizon Note 5 in Europe
exreey

I'm on holiday in the US right now and I'd like to buy a Note 5 because they don't sell it where I live (Europe, thanks Samsung!).

I was told to look for a Verizon phone because they come unlocked out of the box.

I am just worried about the supported LTE bands: the Samsung site clearly states that the Verizon model supports band 3 (1800mhz) (which my carrier uses), but some users claim that Verizon doesn’t activate certain bands?

From the Samsung site (Note 5 Verizon model):

FREQUENCIES AND DATA TYPE

CDMA Data – 1x and EVDO Rev0/Rev. A, LTE: 13(700), 4(1700/2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 7(2600), LTE CA 13+4 (10+10);

GPRS/EDGE/GSM(850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Note 5 in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

exreey-

Congratulations on your new phone! I hope you are having a great time so far in the U.S. I have great news! This is a global phone that comes unlocked by the manufacturer to be used anywhere in the world. 850 /900 /1800 /1900MHz under GSM is certainly one of the many frequency bands this phone supports. I hope this clarifies your equipment concern. Safe travels!

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
exreey

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not worried about the GSM frequencies though (I know they are supported), only about the 4G LTE frequency bands (more specifically band 3 which is 1800mhz). Another user on this forum reports his Verizon Galaxy S6 doesnt work on band 3 in Europe, while the hardware should support it; I wonder if the Verizon Note 5 has the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

exreey-

Not a problem! I can certainly clarify your concern. Based on the specifications of your phone, it supports Dual and Quad band 1800 mHz on GSM/EDGE. As far as 4G LTE, this would depend on your wireless provider. I would suggest contacting them directly or you may also reach out to Samsung in regards to the specific band that will support your wireless carrier.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes