Using Verizon Messages Plus App, now Sprint users are receiving blank group texts
rmcdonald1

Recently downloaded the Verizon Messages Plus App, and now my family with Sprint are receiving blank group texts. I've tried various troubleshooting and can't find a solution. Any help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Messages Plus App, now Sprint users are receiving blank group texts
mama23dogs
Legend

I Thought this app was for Verizon customers only....

0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Messages Plus App, now Sprint users are receiving blank group texts
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app is available to VzW customers, but can be used to send/receive texts to/from any entity on any carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

can I assume you are a VZW customer and the family memeber have Sprint? All the messages they receive are blank, right? Have you tried sending a picture message to see if  there is an error? WHen did this start? Also which phone do you have?

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rmcdonald1

Yes, correct. I am the VZ member and my family members are using Sprint.

All the messages they receive are blank (not sure whether they are getting

the pictures, am testing right now). This has started since i started using

the Verizon messaging app instead of the stock messaging app. We all have

Samsung Galaxies. I have the 5, some family have 4 and some have 3.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bulkmass
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue for me. Cross post to other people having trouble.

Phone sends blank group text messages to Sprint users

bjoyces98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know if Verizon has addressed this issue yet? I find it unacceptable that the only solutions I have seen would require using the other messaging app which has significantly less features. The issue is definitely with individual MMS messages or any messages in a group text going to a Sprint customer.

Including similar threads from Verizon forum. You can also look at Sprint forums and they are talking about it as well.

Using Verizon Messages Plus App, now Sprint users are receiving blank group texts

Phone sends blank group text messages to Sprint users

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjoyces98, we want to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed. Verizon Messages provides an enhanced text and multimedia (i.e., picture and video) messaging experience for Verizon Wireless customers. Is that Sprint device able to receive group messages from any other mobile number? Is data enabled on that device or is it connected to Wi-Fi when it has this issue?

For more information regarding the Verizon Messaging application, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bjoyces98
Enthusiast - Level 1

It occurs with both data and Wi-Fi. My sister that has Verizon but uses the regular messaging app doesn't have a problem sending to Sprint members.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjoyces98,

Thanks for the additional information. We appreciate your efforts and know how important messaging is these days. Do you know if that sprint phone is capable of receiving EMS? Messages can be sent via three different message types depending on the content of the messages. SMS, MMS(picture messages), and EMS. EMS are the type of messages that allow you to send animated emojis and things of that nature. Some phones are not equipped to receive these types of messages and will receive a blank message when an EMS arrives. This is not an issue with the sending device, but an incompatability on the receiving device. Please see if you can find out what make & model phone the sprint user has and see if it's EMS capable.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes