Using MTP on Razr HD
TuckerMaxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cannot find any information on how to use the MTP connection in order to manage my device.. does anyone have the link with a walkthrough?

Screenshot_2012-11-08-22-42-57.pngThanks~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using MTP on Razr HD
Tidbits
Legend

What computer do you have and what OS?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tidbits it's one of those I Dunnobut i bet he still has I.C.S. i know J.Bean is Available for the Droid M now as i seen it and put to it to a Post, i got it from D.L.  Looks like it a Biggen of a Update.. b

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If he has windows xp he is in a world of hurt. If he has Vista or higher then all he needs is drivers.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ouch on the Xp

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look at pp 53-54 of your manual:

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droid_razr_hd/razrHD_manual.pdf

Page 53 indicates it's applicable with Windows XP, Vista, & Windows 7.  If you follow the Motorola link on page 54 and search for MTP, you get this page with a walk-through (including troubleshooting tips if using Win XP):

How do I transfer files to/from my DROID RAZR™ M using a USB cable?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Windows XP does not support MTP. You have to download something from MS website to have MTP, and that hotfix doesn't work 100% of the time.  Apple actually wrote their own when they made iTunes(based off Bonjour).

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I saw your earlier post about MTP and Win XP, that's why I mentioned in my post what is in the phone's manual and what is on Motorola's web site about it. 

msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

What is it that you want to accomplish by connecting your phone to your pc using MTP?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Time to chunk out the old Soft ware in the Tower and Opt for a new Board with some Wind 8 Candy b

0 Likes