Using Eris with a wired Earphone

bruski

My wife has an Eris and loves it.  The only issue she has is with her old flip phone she could use a wired earphone so she could talk and work at the same time. The Eris has a 3.5mm jack instead of the 2.5mm. She doesn't want to be bothered with a Bluetooth unit. I asked the guy at the Verizon store and he suggested getting a stereo adapter, which I did. OK, now the earphone part works fine, but the phone's mike is still active. She has to hold the phone close to her in order to be heard, which defeats the whole purpose of using and earphone. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Using Eris with a wired Earphone

When I bought my Eris they sold me a wired headphones with a built in speaker.  I can check my receipt when I get home and let you know the model number if you want.  They are made by Motorola.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using Eris with a wired Earphone

LetsgoFishing
Novice

don't know how to fix that problem but i purchased the MotoStero universal stero corded headset from VZW and i love it. sounds great, especially with the music. it fits right into the Eris perfectly.  only thing about them, it did not come with instructions and there is a small square piece thingy right under one of the earbuds; it allows you to turn your music on/off, mute/unmute phone calls & answer calls.  i have to play with it to figure out how to do each but i think i'm getting it now.  i bought the black pair thats $19.99 but they also have blue and pink ones but for some reason those are $29.99.  the VZW rep said they were all the same but she didn't know why the colored ones were more expensive.  your wife may want to invest in one of those corded headsets.  and that headset works great with voice dialer. works about 99% of the time.

0 Likes