Use Razr maxx as media device, not activated
briang00

I recently upgraded from Razr Maxx to HTC One M8. I want to use my Razr as a wireless only media device. I have a sim card as that is required, and once it goes thru the boot up process, I get a message saying to continue it needs to be activated. Cant move on to do anything else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use Razr maxx as media device, not activated
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you then try tapping the four corners of the screen in clockwise order, starting from the top left?  You may have to do the tapping multiple times before the activation screen is bypassed.

Here's what I'm talking about:

bypass activation razr maxx xt912 jelly bean 4.1.2 sim card screen bypass droid 4 bionic - YouTube

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is what connects the phone to the Verizon cellular network. It's NOT needed to use the phone as a wifi only device. Take the SIM card out, and reboot.  Yes, it will say there is no SIM card, just continue on without activating.  You can still use the phone on wifi.  Naturally, not all features will be usable, but you should be able to connect to wifi, browse the internet, get email, etc.

0 Likes
briang00

I take the sim card out and it says that the sim card is required to use the phone. I put the sim card in, reboot and it says that the phone must be activated to move on. Only option is to make an emergency call.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, and wait a minute or two.  Turn the phone back on.  When you see the note about the phone needing a SIM card, do you get an option to click OK and then move on?  If so, try that.  If you don't get that option, try this:  when you see the activation screen, tap the four corners of the screen in a clockwise order, starting from the top left.

0 Likes
briang00

So no sim card in, I boot it up, have welcome screen. Select English then start. Next screen says A SIM card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert your sim card. Only options are to make emergency call or power off.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you then try tapping the four corners of the screen in clockwise order, starting from the top left?  You may have to do the tapping multiple times before the activation screen is bypassed.

Here's what I'm talking about:

bypass activation razr maxx xt912 jelly bean 4.1.2 sim card screen bypass droid 4 bionic - YouTube

0 Likes